U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 06:37 PM

5,658 posts, read 17,385,310 times
Get some ducks and any problem with June Bugs is solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2006, 06:42 PM

2,295 posts, read 19,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired
Phoenix gets a heck of a lot hotter than 103. Visit Phoenix one day at rush hour and that'll be the end of that idea.
Take a look at Greenville SC. Nice city and growing rapidly. It still has four seasons but none of which are extreme. I moved to Lenoir NC last year for weather and so far it has been perfect. I am retired so employment isn't an issue. The employment picture locally is not a healthy one.

The temperature gauge in my car today said 120

Old 06-02-2006, 06:45 PM

2,295 posts, read 19,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdj43
Okay, you're scaring the heck out of me. Are you saying that I'm going to be seeing a lot of big roach type bugs? You have no idea how PETRIFIED I am of those big things. I had asked the sales manager of our subdivision and the realtor we were with and neither of them mentioned that there was a lot of big big bugs around.

Why the heck am I moving to this place............now bug giant bugs?
bugs and tornados? My worst fears!

If you get a bug man to spary the house and property on a monthly basis will you still have them.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:12 PM

195 posts, read 1,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700

Why the heck am I moving to this place............now bug giant bugs?
bugs and tornados? My worst fears!

If you get a bug man to spary the house and property on a monthly basis will you still have them.
Is the spray stuff they use not good or? I have a monthly bug guy and the girls thank me, no bugs!

Old 06-02-2006, 07:54 PM

26 posts, read 57,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man
Those are probably Cicadia that are hatching. Palmetto bugs are like a giant black roach. Nc has more bugs than any state I have been in
LOL - everyone says that is Florida - we have Palmetto bugs as house pets in Florida

Last edited by henayneiCLNC; 06-02-2006 at 07:58 PM..

Old 06-02-2006, 08:17 PM

195 posts, read 1,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henayneiCLNC
LOL - everyone says that is Florida - we have Palmetto bugs as house pets in Florida
That's just plain gross!

Old 06-02-2006, 08:35 PM

2,657 posts, read 4,688,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henayneiCLNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound4NC
That's just plain gross!
Oh ... well I take it that this kind of jewelry won't be fashionable among the newcomers

http://www.bedebug.com/scarab_beetle_pendant.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-02-2006, 09:42 PM

80 posts, read 347,099 times
Thats a different kinna Jewlery Lol... Be careful wearing that during bug mating time.

Bugs ,especially June bugs , Borer bees even crickets can be entertaining. We would take thread and tie it to the hind leg of june bugs and let them fly circles.
Borer bees usually found near exposed wood on your house. To start you get a badminton raquet and try and hit them with it . It is harder than you think after you master that try and use a thin board to swat them with.
Last the Cricket well its peaceful and quiet in the Mountains at night no traffic nothing but the crickets singing if you listen hard enough you can hear one fart every now and then.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:34 PM

2,657 posts, read 4,688,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man
Borer bees usually found near exposed wood on your house. To start you get a badminton raquet and try and hit them with it
Yeah, my deck is pocked by those little <censorbot word> Bugball sounds like a game I'd like to play with those little <censorbot word>

Quote:
Last the Cricket well its peaceful and quiet in the Mountains at night no traffic nothing but the crickets singing if you listen hard enough you can hear one fart every now and then.
::falls off chair laughing -- picks self up and types furiously:: You're just awful, you know that? What are these new transplants supposed to think

Old 06-02-2006, 10:48 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,741,605 times
lol Well, we do have quite a few bugs. But when I was in Florida for a couple days in March, they seemed to have a lot more bugs than we do. As soon as I stepped out of my car I noticed them in the air everywhere. My goodness! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina