U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-11-2006, 01:55 PM
 
7 posts, read 18,299 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

we are looking to buy..would like to stay in the 250-350k price range
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-11-2006, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,232,593 times
Reputation: 39838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostongal View Post
we are looking to buy..would like to stay in the 250-350k price range
You will have many options in that price range Answer a few more questions...Which is more important to you, a new construction home or bettter commute time? How soon do you think you might make the move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2006, 03:32 PM
 
7 posts, read 18,299 times
Reputation: 11
Great..thanks...well we are looking into the next 6-8months possibly..we would like a nice newer home...commute time pref under 45 min...I dont have a job there yet lined up..but my fiance does in Charlotte..that he would bre transfering to. I would like to work in charlotte as well in a larger sized company. I would say that a nice home is more important to us..that is the main reason for the move...affording a nicer more affordable home. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2006, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Union County, NC
1,891 posts, read 5,543,397 times
Reputation: 749
South Charlotte is beautiful and convenient, and there should be houses in your price range -- you might want to stay inside 51 to minimize the traffic issues. I would be happy to set up an automatic property web search for you. (I relocated myself -- from NY -- I promise I won't talk sports ) Best of luck to you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2006, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,232,593 times
Reputation: 39838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostongal View Post
Great..thanks...well we are looking into the next 6-8months possibly..we would like a nice newer home...commute time pref under 45 min...I dont have a job there yet lined up..but my fiance does in Charlotte..that he would bre transfering to. I would like to work in charlotte as well in a larger sized company. I would say that a nice home is more important to us..that is the main reason for the move...affording a nicer more affordable home. Thanks again.

As long as you realize that nice big new home means you'll have a nice long commute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Boston
2 posts, read 2,738 times
Reputation: 10
Hi, I just wanted to chime in on this thread. It caught my eye because I am also a Boston resident, thinking about moving to NC within the next year or two.

I love Boston, I just don't like the cost of living or the weather.

I am a single, 29 year old female.

Would you guys suggest the Charlotte area for me as well or Raleigh/Durham area.

From reading a few of the posts on this forum, Raleigh sounds more fast paced like what I'm used to.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
33,370 posts, read 57,942,958 times
Reputation: 32140
I like Raleigh a lot.
But I don't really think of it as fast-paced.

You can't lose choosing between two great cities, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Boston
177 posts, read 472,554 times
Reputation: 60
Everybody seem to be wanting to relocating from Boston to NC.
Well I am from Boston too and looking to move there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,748,297 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyLove View Post
Hi, I just wanted to chime in on this thread. It caught my eye because I am also a Boston resident, thinking about moving to NC within the next year or two.

I love Boston, I just don't like the cost of living or the weather.

I am a single, 29 year old female.

Would you guys suggest the Charlotte area for me as well or Raleigh/Durham area.

From reading a few of the posts on this forum, Raleigh sounds more fast paced like what I'm used to.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hmm, if you love Boston, I'm not sure the cost of living or weather will be enough of push. Being single in Boston is pretty fun, lots to do, see, go, etc. However if you REALLY gotta get out and it's become a dread to wake up every day there (i.e., like it was for me), then I would say Charlotte. If I were single though, and totally my opinion, I would explore Northern VA or DC. Lots of stuff going on there, the weather is milder, but unfortunately housing cost is still high...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2006, 02:09 PM
 
1,684 posts, read 5,664,527 times
Reputation: 739
Cost of living in Nova/DC is MUCH higher than RAL or CLT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top