Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 03:03 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times

Advertisements

All big cities in NC will face the same thing. If cities cannot expand their city limits and control growth and add services, NC cities will have the same problems.

Cary will have to tear down and build higher or stop growing.

I was in Raleigh this past week end, and saw GO Raleigh buses in north Raleigh. Good to see Raleigh is providing a need serve.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:09 AM

105 posts, read 101,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Western Cary is now the next section of the city undergoing a boom. Recent report says only 18% of Cary is left undeveloped. Wonder if we'll start seeing Cary go more vertical.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...216981265.html
I really doubt it. I believe we'll see 30-40% home value increases before towers start going in.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:19 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil View Post
I really doubt it. I believe we'll see 30-40% home value increases before towers start going in.
You may be right.

In other news official site plans and permits have been issued for the Westin at Crabtree mall. Looks to keep the name Soleil Center but instead of the original 43 stories it will now be 18. Includes a ballroom, large restaurant and small convention space. Total building sqft is 350k+. I would include the bizjournals article link but it’s a paywall and nobody likes that.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:22 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
CNN talking about southerners hating the southern stereotype of being dumb. Said this about N.C.:

“North Carolinians are proud to be home to the New South city Charlotte and the Research Triangle that includes high-profile universities, which makes it easier for the state to claim world-class status and deny that this stereotype applies to them, too.”

Something that can make both RDU & CLT folks happy. Charlotte being referenced as “The” New South City and Raleigh as having high-profile universities and it’s RTP.

Old 09-06-2018, 02:29 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,857,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
CNN talking about southerners hating the southern stereotype of being dumb. Said this about N.C.:

“North Carolinians are proud to be home to the New South city Charlotte and the Research Triangle that includes high-profile universities, which makes it easier for the state to claim world-class status and deny that this stereotype applies to them, too.”

Something that can make both RDU & CLT folks happy. Charlotte being referenced as “The” New South City and Raleigh as having high-profile universities and it’s RTP.
I didnt see Raleigh mentioned in that quote...

From that perspective, Raleigh is not a world class city...its region does have RTP and have world class Universities though.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:24 AM

511 posts, read 510,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
I didnt see Raleigh mentioned in that quote...

From that perspective, Raleigh is not a world class city...its region does have RTP and have world class Universities though.
Is it just the language used that makes you form that opinion? It makes me think of when people just say the "Bay Area."

Old 09-06-2018, 06:59 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,857,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Is it just the language used that makes you form that opinion? It makes me think of when people just say the "Bay Area."
The collection of communities makes the region what it is. Raleigh seems to get a lot of credit for that, but considering that RTP is not in Raleigh, and neither are Duke and UNC, it is a reminder of what makes the region what it is and what is noteworthy from a statewide perspective. Cary is a huge product of RTP.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:01 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
Yeah I usually think of everything included in the "Bay Area" or "Silicon Valley" when people use those terms. Especially the main driving cities of said areas. Idk why anyone would remove Durham, Chapel Hill, or Raleigh when talking about RTP. RTP is just the common phrase to describe the whole Triangle area.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:50 AM

RTP has taken over Wake, Durham and Orange Counties in Name. When talking about North Carolina you have 3 large metro, the Triange (RTP), the Triad and Charlotte Metro. Greensboro, Winston Salem and High Point are in the same boat as Raleigh, Durham & Chaprl Hill. But even in Charlotte Metro, there are many cities and towns like Concord-Gastonia-Monroe-Rock Hill under Charlotte Metro.

Even Raleigh metro has all the towns in Wake county and many in Johnston County.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:13 AM

Charlotte

Legacy Union -BOA

Photo by JorgiPorgi

Raleigh
One Glenwood

Web Cam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina