U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2006, 11:13 PM

26 posts, read 59,244 times

Advertisements

I couldn't agree more with what you posted, RedNC. My thoughts exactly!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2006, 11:14 PM

Thank you for the welcome, Bethanytedder, I can't wait for the summer and our first journey out there!

Old 05-02-2006, 04:06 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,357,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBlue-EyedGirl
Hi, thanks for responding!! My husband was born and raised in the Long Beach area of So. Cal., and he would like to stay somewhat 'coastal' if we do end up in North Carolina, as he is an avid ocean fisherman. I was raised in the San Gabriel Valley, and prefer the mountains! Luckliy, No. Carolina has both. I look forward to our trip this summer, as I have never been on the East coast, and I love everything I have seen so far about North Carolina.
just gotta ask ThatBlue-EyedGirl...where abouts was hubby raised in LB (my former stomping grounds as well)

Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
just gotta ask ThatBlue-EyedGirl...where abouts was hubby raised in LB (my former stomping grounds as well)
I will have to ask him specifically, but, I can't remember the elementary school he went to, but, I believe he went to Jefferson Junior High....his older sisters went to Wilson High, but, by the time he was in high school, his family moved and he ended up going to Jordan High.....whereabouts are you from?

Old 05-03-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I will have to ask him specifically, but, I can't remember the elementary school he went to, but, I believe he went to Jefferson Junior High....his older sisters went to Wilson High, but, by the time he was in high school, his family moved and he ended up going to Jordan High.....whereabouts are you from?
graduated from Jordan (aloooooong time ago), over the years I moved around (somewhat) locally but then came back to raise the family in LB (around Los Altos area)...then out of the blue we were given the opportunity to move to the Carolina's (and we love it!)

Old 05-03-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
graduated from Jordan (aloooooong time ago), over the years I moved around (somewhat) locally but then came back to raise the family in LB (around Los Altos area)...then out of the blue we were given the opportunity to move to the Carolina's (and we love it!)
You went to Jordan? Really? What year did you graduate?

Old 05-03-2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
You went to Jordan? Really? What year did you graduate?
oh geez....I was afraid you were going to ask me that (74) .....just don't tell anyone else okay

Old 05-03-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
oh geez....I was afraid you were going to ask me that (74) .....just don't tell anyone else okay
Oh please, your only 10 years older than me!! My hubby and I both graduated in 84, him from Jordan, and me from South Hills in West Covina. Your only as old as you feel, so don't feel old!!

Old 05-03-2006, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Oh please, your only 10 years older than me!! My hubby and I both graduated in 84, him from Jordan, and me from South Hills in West Covina. Your only as old as you feel, so don't feel old!!
Oh I was just kidding....I have young one's that keep me going at a very high rate of speed.

Wish you luck with your future decisions....and if I can be of any help...ask away.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Oh I was just kidding....I have young one's that keep me going at a very high rate of speed.

Wish you luck with your future decisions....and if I can be of any help...ask away.
Hey, thank you, I appreciate that! We will be heading out that way this summer to take a good look and get a much-needed break!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina