U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:55 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,081,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Yeah I'm trying not to think about it. I must be getting brave in my old age.
Keep thinking screened in porch and bug zappers. That reminds me of a funny story. We had flies really bad one summer, so I wonder on up to Home Depot and buy one of those fly traps that you add water to. To the flies it smells like raw meat they fly in the bag and done. Well, I filled up the bag with water and accidently dropped it while trying to hang it up! We had every fly in the city in our back yard, it stunk for about 3 weeks. I tried cleaning it right away with Tide and bleach. It sucked! So, I'm sticking with bug zappers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2006, 10:47 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,904,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy
Keep thinking screened in porch and bug zappers. That reminds me of a funny story. We had flies really bad one summer, so I wonder on up to Home Depot and buy one of those fly traps that you add water to. To the flies it smells like raw meat they fly in the bag and done. Well, I filled up the bag with water and accidently dropped it while trying to hang it up! We had every fly in the city in our back yard, it stunk for about 3 weeks. I tried cleaning it right away with Tide and bleach. It sucked! So, I'm sticking with bug zappers.
Yuck....I never heard of those. Yeah I'll stick to the bug zappers too. I'd actually like one of those glass sunrooms instead of the screened in porch but the screened in porch will be fine.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Yuck....I never heard of those. Yeah I'll stick to the bug zappers too. I'd actually like one of those glass sunrooms instead of the screened in porch but the screened in porch will be fine.
My brother in law called today, he was sitting in the screened porch, beer and the temp was perfect he said. In the summer we enjoy eating outside so I think I'll vote for the screened porch.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:23 AM

Quote:
My brother in law called today, he was sitting in the screened porch, beer and the temp was perfect he said. In the summer we enjoy eating outside so I think I'll vote for the screened porch.

Nice! I need to get a screen porch. Sit out on summer nights with the smell of fresh rain and a little summer breeze. I'll feel like a kid again.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Nice! I need to get a screen porch. Sit out on summer nights with the smell of fresh rain and a little summer breeze. I'll feel like a kid again.
Yeah, when we were out a year ago last Nov, my hubby and I were enjoying the screened porch and this storm blows in and it starts coming down, not so bad. Then it starts blowing in sideways and we were laughing so hard. My sis in law has curtains she pulls around to keep the rain out. A lot of fun and we spent a lot of time out their. They have a nice wooded backyard so lots of pretty birds.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah, when we were out a year ago last Nov, my hubby and I were enjoying the screened porch and this storm blows in and it starts coming down, not so bad. Then it starts blowing in sideways and we were laughing so hard. My sis in law has curtains she pulls around to keep the rain out. A lot of fun and we spent a lot of time out their. They have a nice wooded backyard so lots of pretty birds.
Sounds like fun. Looks like I'm going to end up in the Davidson area. I haven't been there but fell in love with a house and will probably buy it. Now you know I'm nuts.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Sounds like fun. Looks like I'm going to end up in the Davidson area. I haven't been there but fell in love with a house and will probably buy it. Now you know I'm nuts.
I am sure we have been through Davidson since we went to all the race shops in Mooresville. I am pretty much the passenger in the car and also making whomever stop the car so I can jump out and shoot photography. So I am 1/2 paying attention to where I am. Plus I am worse than our lab, a ride in the car makes me sleepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina