Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What NC city do you find to be overrated?
Charlotte 50 28.09%
Ashville 36 20.22%
Raleigh 59 33.15%
Durham 19 10.67%
Greensboro 20 11.24%
Winston-Salem 10 5.62%
Wilminington 20 11.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 03:41 PM

506 posts, read 1,475,389 times

Advertisements

Not to be nitpicky...okay I am being nitpicky. It is Asheville, but that city is definitely not overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 04:21 PM

218 posts, read 253,796 times
thats not nitpicky...

I don't think any are overrated in general, but I voted for Raleigh due to the arrogance most of it's citizens have in respect to Charlotte. They can't stand the fact that Charlotte is a bigger city, and is why they call us "The state of Mecklenburg"

Old 12-13-2006, 05:53 PM

212 posts, read 1,063,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte ePro View Post
thats not nitpicky...

I don't think any are overrated in general, but I voted for Raleigh due to the arrogance most of it's citizens have in respect to Charlotte. They can't stand the fact that Charlotte is a bigger city, and is why they call us "The state of Mecklenburg"
LOL! Are you originally from the North?!!

Old 12-13-2006, 06:09 PM

218 posts, read 253,796 times
No sir, Sandlapper roots here.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
LOL! Are you originally from the North?!!
Clodhopper, had you not heard that's what the folks up in Raleigh call Charlotte?

Old 12-13-2006, 06:38 PM

212 posts, read 1,063,695 times
never! everyone I know from Raleigh calls Charlotte....Charlotte.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:41 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
never! everyone I know from Raleigh calls Charlotte....Charlotte.
Really? Must be a political thing, because we hear people in the legistature refer to us that way all the time LOL!

Old 12-13-2006, 11:16 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,408 times
I've never heard of "state of Mecklenburg" either. I have family in Raleigh and it's never been mentioned. But then I can't think of any reason why it would be. lol

Old 08-05-2018, 02:19 PM

6 posts, read 5,637 times
Let me just say this having lived in North Carolina I find the people who are originally from there get ready upset when you disagree with them about how you feel about their city or town. It’s just a opinion not a fact so they need to chill out. I can’t speak for all of NC but I hated absolutely hated Winston Salem. The people were so backwards in there thinking and they are so intimidated by outsiders. They don’t allow you have a opinion other than there’s. Remember how it was in grade school when people banned in groups and if you didn’t fit into the circle you got put out. That’s WinstonSalem. There are no jobs it’s either Baptist hospital or BB&T. People stick with those jobs for 30 plus years because the town offers them nothing else. Do you have no choice but to put up with abuse and boy did they abuse you. They some of the people were the biggest hypocrites I’ve ever met. And never mind a beach what’s a beach when the jobs you work for don’t pay you enough to put gas in the car to drive to the beach. The jobs pay next to nothing. It was a total disappointment and a waste of my time Engery moving there. I didn’t survive a year. As far as the weather was concerned that’s overrated as well. The summers are so hot streaming that You couldn’t come outside to even enjoy it. It was to hot! I will say the surroundings are beautiful it’s a beautiful town city and state with its hills, curves etc but all that dumb backwardness just takes it down a notch. To bad you can’t move all that beauty to the Midwest we would know what to do with it enhance it. Country dumb

Old 08-05-2018, 02:29 PM

6 posts, read 5,637 times
They have all these little towns Boone and yadkinville sparya And there’s nothing in those towns but confederate flags. Why not just combine those cities into one big city and make the encouraging strong. People drive 30 minutes to work and back that’s to much gas and you have to drive way to far to do anything. Charottle is more city and more on point but those little towns yuck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina