U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 10:00 PM

29 posts, read 12,031 times

Advertisements

Hello ,

I looking to move to North Carolina from Central NJ. Can anyone recommend areas with good school districts and low crime. I was looking at the Chaple hill area and Apex . I’m not bound to any area but would prefer areas near Amtrak train station. Also a Trader Joe’s Or Whole Foods type grocery store. My number one priority is a good school district as I have 5 kiddos. Please be honest with your preferences of areas from people living here for longer then 5 years. I’m a nature lover. I was interested in being close to the transitional farm in a Chapel Hill. I also love the beach but prefer not to be live close by it. My children all enjoy outside activities nature based. I’m a dedicated Mother and want the very best for my little ones!!

I’m interested in renting
3-4 bedroom home
Fenced in backyard
Spaced out between homes
Budget max of $2,000/month

Thank you all. I am planning to move by June hopefully as my kids are still in school and I won’t be able to visit before I move. I do have family in Fayetteville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 04:33 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,457,082 times
There lots of great school districts in NC. Have you ever been to NC? If so, where? What did you like/not like about it?

Neither CH nor Apex have an Amtrak station...closest ones are in Durham, Cary and Raleigh. How close is close?

What does "I was interested in being close to the transitional farm in a Chapel Hill." mean?

Are you, or someone going to be working? In what field? Do you plan on finding a job before you move?

You really should visit before you move, and you certainly shouldn't move sight unseen.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:01 AM

22,009 posts, read 27,305,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyma23 View Post
Hello ,

I looking to move to North Carolina from Central NJ. Can anyone recommend areas with good school districts and low crime. I was looking at the Chaple hill area and Apex . Iím not bound to any area but would prefer areas near Amtrak train station. Also a Trader Joeís Or Whole Foods type grocery store. My number one priority is a good school district as I have 5 kiddos. Please be honest with your preferences of areas from people living here for longer then 5 years. Iím a nature lover. I was interested in being close to the transitional farm in a Chapel Hill. I also love the beach but prefer not to be live close by it. My children all enjoy outside activities nature based. Iím a dedicated Mother and want the very best for my little ones!!

Iím interested in renting
3-4 bedroom home
Fenced in backyard
Spaced out between homes
Budget max of $2,000/month

Thank you all. I am planning to move by June hopefully as my kids are still in school and I wonít be able to visit before I move. I do have family in Fayetteville.
By transitional farm do you mean a farmette?

Old 03-09-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
There lots of great school districts in NC. Have you ever been to NC? If so, where? What did you like/not like about it?

Neither CH nor Apex have an Amtrak station...closest ones are in Durham, Cary and Raleigh. How close is close?

What does "I was interested in being close to the transitional farm in a Chapel Hill." mean?

Are you, or someone going to be working? In what field? Do you plan on finding a job before you move?

You really should visit before you move, and you certainly shouldn't move sight unseen.

No I have never been to North Carolina.

It doesn’t necessarily mean close to Amtrak just not too far as in an hour away.

There is a transitional farm in Chapel Hill. I am interested in farming and nature.

I work from home so that wouldn’t be an issue.

I really won’t be able to move with seeing first. My kids are in school now and it’s not possible.

This is why I posted here to get some inputs.

I’ve been to California , Pa , lived in NY and lived in Delaware.

I was going to move to Florida but the school systems aren’t good.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
By transitional farm do you mean a farmette?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-6F-DmHdWU8

Old 03-09-2018, 07:11 AM

I am not bound to one area I am a rural type of person. I love nature but I would need some grocery stores near by.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:27 AM

I could never advise someone to move to a place they've never been, into a house they've never seen. I just can't imagine that would work out well. Chapel Hill has very good schools, for some students. Its really hard to make blanket statements.

Apex is extremely suburban. I don't think its what you're looking for. Chapel Hill may be.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:09 AM

Ok thank you , I might be able to go down when my kids have spring break !!

Any other areas other then ChapelHill?

Old 03-09-2018, 09:30 AM

You'd probably like the vibe in Asheville, but the nearest Amtrak Station is Charlotte, 2 hours a way, and the nearest beach is 4 or 5 hours away.

Old 03-09-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
You'd probably like the vibe in Asheville, but the nearest Amtrak Station is Charlotte, 2 hours a way, and the nearest beach is 4 or 5 hours away.

Ok thanks for your input . At least I have a few options. I might look at Chapel Hill first . Rent there and move later on if itís not a good fit.
just worry mostly about school district. The train station being closer is an option for now and not a priority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or