Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 08:29 PM

3 posts, read 20,101 times

Advertisements

hi! my husband and i live in matthews nc right now. we love the small town feel next to growing diverse charlotte. we are looking into taking the family business to the raliegh/durham area. and i was looking at apex. what i love about matthews is that i have the small downtown but i also have all the big chains around home too. (target, old navy, peir one, harris teeter...etc) what is apex like? what are the best places in apex? is the commute to raleigh/durham quick?
we are looking into catering up there, are there any good caterers there already?
thanks
miriam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2006, 09:15 PM

30 posts, read 91,009 times
I'm in Florida looking to move to the Cary area. I have a friend in Apex. It is beautiful and a nice small town while Cary and Raleight are within 15 minutes and have the big chains. I can't imagine someone not liking it...but, just being in NC was a big treat for me.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:04 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,591,207 times
lol. I live in Apex. It's probably the only town that retains it's "small southern town" roots in Wake County.... but that is fading FAST. Haddon Hall, Abbington, and tons of more giant upper-middle class transplant subdivisions and the strip malls that get built around them are making Apex more like generic suburbia and less like small town America every day. Oh and, I live here, and I don't like it anymore.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:18 PM

Are you selling?

Where would you like to move to?

Old 04-28-2006, 11:29 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,591,207 times
Home.... Rochester, NY

Old 04-29-2006, 04:59 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,693 times
miriamyd,

I think this is a wonderful place for catering. Easy commute to Durham from Raleigh and surrounding communities. With 400 people relocating into the area daily, that would mean more functions. Graduations, Weddings, Golf Courses, Real Estate functions etc... If your looking for the small town feel, you can choose Cary, Apex, Fuquay Varina, even Wake Forest. If you need any info on the area just let me know. I'd be glad to help. I sent you a private post with a website to visit that will help you.

Regards,

Debbie

Old 04-29-2006, 07:00 PM

Wow! Where did you find that statistic??? 400/day?

Old 04-29-2006, 07:10 PM

16 posts, read 95,439 times
Default thanks for this thread!!!

ugh!! i am so overwhelmed right now.

we are relocating from southern maryland and its been HARD choosing a place!!!

I didn't like what I've been reading about the Wake County schools redistricting every school year! so I decided to look into the Charlotte area- but there it doesn't seem like its booming enough to help my husband grow his graphic design business!! and that's the WHOLE POINT IN MOVING! LOL

I am sooo lost right now.

lol

I also liked getting a little more bang for my buck as far as properties are concerned in the Charlotte area. but that really isn't the priority. The priority is getting my children into a good school system (i.e. stable!) and an area in which my husband can make tons of money so I can relax on my screened in porch and serve lemonade to my fellow stay at home moms while we talk crap about how our husbands are too busy to spend time with us!! LOL

Will someone PLEASE make a pros/cons list comparing Charlotte and Apex, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!?

Old 04-29-2006, 07:13 PM

16 posts, read 95,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
lol. I live in Apex. It's probably the only town that retains it's "small southern town" roots in Wake County.... but that is fading FAST. Haddon Hall, Abbington, and tons of more giant upper-middle class transplant subdivisions and the strip malls that get built around them are making Apex more like generic suburbia and less like small town America every day. Oh and, I live here, and I don't like it anymore.

: (

y'all are killing me!! LMAO!

Old 04-29-2006, 08:02 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,693 times
I learned that in a real estate class ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina