Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:03 PM

232 posts, read 728,303 times

Advertisements

Hi does anybody know if RDU has more direct flights to northeast locations, or do you often have to fly through Charlotte to get somewhere..? I am wondering if Charlotte is a bigger hub with more direct flights (daily) then RDU?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
yes they have commuter flights all day. where are you flying to/from?

Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 PM

70 posts, read 162,027 times
well I know they have a direct flight to Providence through Southwest.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:19 PM

551 posts, read 2,286,915 times
Here is the airport fact sheet on CLT:
CLT Charlotte Douglas International Airport Airport Flights & Air Travel www.airportfact.com

and here is the one on RDU:
RDU Raleigh Durham International Airport Airport Flights & Air Travel www.airportfact.com

Without knowing your exact destination and schedule needs, it would be difficult to say which one has the better flights. But RDU definitely has lots of direct! What these sheets won't tell you is how often each route is flown, and of course that changes quite regularly - especially now as fuel costs rise and airlines cancel unpopular routes.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:19 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
duh, according to your name...Boston? RDU is actually a big airport i believe international flights also

Old 03-27-2008, 12:20 PM

144 posts, read 496,552 times
I fly very often to both charlotte and raleigh. They have very similar flight patterns from Boston atleast. But I fly Jetblue more as I love the airline. The uncomfortable thing is their timing, not business timing as most of their direct flights have awkward timing. If you dont fly that then USAir would be a better choice but I hate that airline (they are downright lousy when you compare it to Jetblue). I cant speak about other norteast locations per say but from/to boston they have equal number of flights.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:38 PM

475 posts, read 1,574,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
duh, according to your name...Boston? RDU is actually a big airport i believe international flights also
Only one international flight for now - From London...might change in summer when Delta is planning to have a direct flight to Cancun...

Old 03-27-2008, 02:16 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongirl View Post
Hi does anybody know if RDU has more direct flights to northeast locations, or do you often have to fly through Charlotte to get somewhere..? I am wondering if Charlotte is a bigger hub with more direct flights (daily) then RDU?
How close to Boston does it have to be? Skybus flies out of Greensboro to Portsmouth NH and sometimes they have seats for $10 each way. Read the site though for all the ins/outs, they are no-frills but I heard all positives from those using it.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:25 PM

232 posts, read 728,303 times
My husband heard recently that its much easier to get direct flights out of Charlotte airport vs. RDU. He will be traveling to Boston, Ohio (Cincinnati and Cleveland), Philly, DC, etc. He will need direct flights vs. layovers or switching planes due to meetings.

He met someone on a flight recently from who told him Charlotte would be the better airport to travel to an from vs. Raleigh airport

this could be part of our deciding factor on where to relocate in NC. Charlotte is more of US airways hub vs. Southwest which has crappy planes now anyway

Old 03-27-2008, 03:49 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by des1rees View Post
Only one international flight for now - From London...might change in summer when Delta is planning to have a direct flight to Cancun...
The Cancun flight started last month, but I saw in the paper today that it is one of the flights that Delta is cutting at RDU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina