U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2018, 12:03 AM

880 posts, read 709,310 times

Advertisements

Not sure which forum this question best belongs in. I put it in Raleigh/Durham and got no responses (not even nasty ones saying I'm in the wrong forum), so I'll try here.

I have to take a trip to the Fayetteville area very soon, specifically the north/northwestern part.

I'm trying to get the general vibe of the Fayetteville area. Which way is it growing and where are the "nicer" parts and the nicer development. I would imagine it's better to the north because of proximity to Raleigh-Durham?

(That's typically the way cities tend to grow -- north and/or pointing toward another city not too far away.)
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 06:13 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,355,005 times
Pretty sure Hoke county has been a leader in the state in the growth dept because of its proximity to Fort Bragg. Look that way. Nothing along I-95 because its so far from Bragg.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:50 AM

10,678 posts, read 11,300,112 times
I answered on your other thread in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary) forum, but I think there is more new growth SW of town in the Jack Britt school district.

Looking on Realtor.com there seem to be some new homes up near Methodist U off 401, too, but more near Jack Britt.

Fayetteville is not part of the Triangle. Even though I answered your question there, this is the right forum to ask in. Fayetteville is the hub city of inland southeastern NC. Other smaller towns like Raeford in Hoke County grow toward Fayetteville.

It's also not a very desirable city. If you have the option to move elsewhere in NC consider it. Fayetteville is a military city and has all the pluses and minuses of one, strip clubs, pawn shops, lots of patriotism, military discounts, etc. Beyond the military it's pretty working class, but the military is now the engine that drives the city. I grew up there and there used to be a little more separation between Fort Bragg and Fayetteville, but there's not as much any more for better or worse.

The Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) in contrast, is a tech/bio-tech/academia hub.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:20 AM

658 posts, read 460,889 times
Fayetteville is very sprawled out, and part of that is due to the geography of Ft Bragg, as it extends North and West of Cumberland County. There is growing development in North Fayetteville/Southern Harnett County, but that is due to proximity to Ft Bragg. Same thing goes with Hoke County "West Fayetteville", whose population has jumped by about 20k people since 2000. When the Fayetteville Outer Loop (I-295) is finished, you can expect to see more development along that loop, and near its access points. The nicest parts of Fayetteville, are the older parts near Haymount (close to downtown), and various scattered developments near the mall area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or