U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2006, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,762 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving down and have found a couple affordable houses in the town of Robersonville outside of Greenville. Any one have any information on Robersonville. I am a 40 yr old white male who's career is in retail management and I would have to find a decent paying job. I am not looking for much just a nice quite safe place to live and work without all the hustle and bustle of the N.Va area.

I'm trying to find a decent cheap house to pay out right once I sell my overpriced townhouse

A realtor suggest I also look at Farmville and Ayden.

Any help

I am considering moving down and have found a couple affordable houses in the town of Roseboro outside of Fayetteville. Any one have any information on Roseboro or Clinton. I am a 40 yr old white male who's career is in retail management and I would have to find a decent paying job. I am not looking for much just a nice quite safe place to live and work without all the hustle and bustle of the N.Va area.

I'm trying to find a decent cheap house to pay out right once I sell my overpriced townhouse

My Mom lives outside Elizabethtown and I have other folks in the area but don't know those others too well just a bunch of cousins heck almost everyone I run into is a cousin of some sort in Carolina

Last edited by Marka; 05-01-2006 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 07:11 PM

11,258 posts, read 19,796,017 times
I am considering moving down and have found a couple affordable houses in the town of Roseboro outside of Fayetteville. Any one have any information on Roseboro or Clinton.
>>>
Not sure if you are still looking. Clinton has hundreds of acres of turkey farms and lots of immigrant workers. Otherwise it looked pretty quiet.

I've seen a couple of nice historic houses in Roseboro, but it's too isolated for me.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:36 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,068,246 times
I travel through Clinton quite a bit, and haven't seen many "nice" places to live. The pork plant area of town smells and I can imagine it waifs through town quite often, especially in this heat.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:26 PM

41 posts, read 152,676 times
Waldo Pepper...

Funny, today I was just in the Ayden, Winterville, Greenville AND Farmville areas. I have never pulled off into Farmville but today, for some reason, I did.
Here's what I saw: growth spurt in Farmville. I was surprised to see the nice old renovated/under renovation homes throughout street after street. It seemed to be fairly affordable ($90's-220k-ish), quiet. Though I wonder where one would work without commuting into a larger local city such as Greenville or Wilson.

Have you checked RealEstateBook.com? Or better yet, gotten one of their local books? On the outskirts of Gville there are a lot of brick ramblers that need some work done with huge lots both front and back yards...

So much North Carolina, so little time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina