U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2006, 03:13 AM

2 posts, read 5,404 times

Advertisements

My Mothers family and my manners are both from Arkansas. I lived 30 years in rural CA and the last 10 years in Phoenix, 'the urban sprawl'. I too am bound for NC and see the green of the grass for its true color.

I would say that I have met maybe 6 or 7 Arizona state natives in my 10 years, and it is easy to understand why. Arizona is the second fastest growing State in the nation (http://www.census.gov/PressRelease/www/releases/archives/population/003153.html (broken link)) North Carolina is the ninth. You want to talk about water problems?

Certainly NC is not the land of milk and honey, and many would ask, but why North Carolina? Well for starters the grass, in reality, is a little greener (love that desert). For second, I have seen 80% humidity and 115 degrees, not pretty. Our July, August and September is known as monsoon season, but it is not as persistent as the dew point on the east coast.

It took me 40 years to learn that itís all in the way we see and perceive the world around us, and not how everyone and everything affects us. I donít think Sir Thomas had North Carolina in mind. If I see NC as a humid cesspool of rude Yankees then I will surely hate it. However, if I see it as home and opportunity, and approach it in the best attitude possible, then there is no limit to the possibilities. I will always remember my manners and treat those around me with respect.

I would sincerely like to thank the regulars on this forum for painting the most accurate picture of NC they possibly can, I had been wondering about the traffic in Raleigh/Durham, Wake county.

I would like to add that no matter what forum youíre posting on, no matter what State the discussion is about, there will always be trolls. They feed on the anger and problems they cause. May the Confederate Flag fly high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2006, 08:27 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,406,045 times
Red face Thanks to the Writers

I have to join in thanking the locals. I know why I am here... to get information I need. But, the locals who are answering are very kind to give so much time to their thoughtful & informative responses. I am grateful

Old 05-02-2006, 09:08 AM

787 posts, read 3,322,439 times
Well, Raleigh is no New York City, Washington, DC, or Los Angeles. I live in very rural area of North Carolina so naturally I would think the traffic is horrible in Raleigh. But if you have had experience in a really big city driving with aggressive drivers, you should find Raleigh tolerable.

Old 05-02-2006, 11:22 AM

143 posts, read 443,623 times
Southinmyblood, I agree 100% about the "Trolls." There are one or two up here who keep getting on how I am moving to the land of Deliverance. They are classic Northeastern Elitists, so I will let them continue to think that because it will keep them away from what I know is not the case.

I just got off the phone with one of our regular customers in Greensboro and after talking with him for a good 10 -15 minutes it reaffirms that my decision to move to NC was certainly the right one.

I, too, thank all of the locals who have checked in!

We land on May 26th.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,404 times
Default Thanks for the comments

Thank you for the good words. I believe I have settled on the Greensboro/Winston Salem ares area. I have a job that I work virtual and I have some support to go 100% virtual. There is also an account I can work on in Greensboro, and a project management team I can transfer too. I think NC is the right choice for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina