Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2006, 10:14 AM

105 posts, read 294,538 times

Advertisements

How is this town? Any insights on developments, like or dislike about this town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 06:44 PM

251 posts, read 1,139,555 times
I have never lived there, but I went through on the way to Raven Rock State Park once and it felt like a nice, smaller town with a slower pace of life. If the job was closer I would definitely consider it because I don't go shopping malls all that much and I like wide, open spaces. I can always drive into the city to shop whenever I want to. Also, I bet house prices are better than in a bigger city.

Sorry, I can't help you on neighborhood developments. I doubt many new home builders do much there as the big money is in the larger cities, but I could be wrong about that.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:39 AM

583 posts, read 2,796,895 times
I went to school at Campbell University, which is just down the road. And over the past few years, Lillington has grown a LOT! It's still a nice little simple town with a lot slower pace of life. Just from driving through, you can tell it's got some areas that are not as nice as others, but that's normal. It's not too far from Dunn, which also is growing and a much larger city since it's home to the Super WalMart and Lowe's Hardware. You're not too far from Raleigh either, if you need the malls and some of the bigger city things The Fuquay Varina area is starting to grow by leaps and bounds too, with people living there in the nice new big houses and commuting into RTP and Raleigh for work. I guess it would all depend on where you were going to work, whether Lillington would be the best place for you!

Old 12-15-2006, 10:13 AM

Oh, one other thing:

I believe Lillington is within the 10 mile alert area of the nuclear plant. If something goes wrong, sirens sound and you have to get out fast.

For me personally, that is a negative, but the good thing is that if you do have to leave you're not as likely to run into gridlock traffic as you would if you lived closer to Raleigh.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:36 AM

Sounds like Fuquay Varina, Holly Springs are nice cities to check out. I guess I just have to wait to visit them myself. It good to hear some opinions on the cities good and bad. Heard that Garner school system isn't that great.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:45 AM

583 posts, read 2,796,895 times
If you're talking Lillington, Dunn, Fuquay Varina you're talking Harnett County. If you're talking Garner, Raleigh that's Wake County.

Lots of differences there! Search the Raleigh forum under North Carolina and you'll find plenty of good discussions about schools, etc.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:06 PM

Garner has gangs - higher than average for the state.

I hear it's getting better though over time - not sure why.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:13 PM

NO thanks have plenty of gangs out here, thats why I moving to give my kids a better place to grow up and go to school. Thanks Erineieio, if only wake county was a little closer to Lillington, don't really want to drive an hour to work everyday 30 min is enough.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:43 PM

43,016 posts, read 76,519,527 times
Fuquay Varina is in Wake County.
Barely, but it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina