Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Relocating from Michigan, heart set on South Carolina, Spartanburg Greenville area, dream house, church, racism, low income, North Carolina possibility, New Bern, crime rate and prostitutes

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:54 AM

203 posts, read 370,853 times

Advertisements

Have you considered Fletcher, NC? Maybe, Hoopers Creek area? They are near the businesses you discussed and there are many excellent churches in the area. You are going to find any town in SC, at least 10 degrees warmer in the summer than the towns more in the mountains. From what I gathered in your post, you are seeking a smaller town than Greenville, SC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 09:48 AM

211 posts, read 547,462 times
We have decided on Greer! We found a good church/Christian school, so it makes sense to live there. Housing is in our range and the town looks quaint, yet is VERY close to downtown Greenville for many fun things to do. The ONLY difficulty we are finding is that ALL of the houses for sale are in subdivisions! I can't find anything on acreage, not even 1 acre. GRRRR! We HATE subdivisions! Why are they everywhere? When the time comes, we will hook up with a realtor. I hope we find what we are looking for.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,669 times
Default Try Wake Forest

It's just up the road from Raleigh, but they limited growth so it still has that "small town" feel. It has both a Super Wal-Mart and a Super Target, and various restaurants. Wake Forest is home to the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, yet only has 25,000 residents. Wake Forest is in Wake County, as is Raleigh, and they have some of the best schools in NC, and is home to many people who have fled from the northern states (as I have) looking for a better quality of life (one of the county's towns, Cary, is joked as being C.A.R.Y. - Containment Area for Relocated Yankees). Wake County has one of the highest levels of education in the country (due to its many colleges and universities as well as being the home of Research Triangle Park) and has been labeled the number one place to live in several magazines in the past few years. Wake Forest gives you the benefit of being able to access all that Raleigh - the capital city - has to offer with just a short drive. Wake Forest is adjacent to the largest lake in the area, Falls Lake, and is just 15 minutes away from a very nice new mall - Triangle Town Center. Also, WF is just minutes away from the new "outer" beltline, which makes Durham and Chapel Hill just a short drive away. But the best part is, with all of the benefits that proximity to the larger towns give you, you also have a town that is hemmed in on the northern and eastern edges by rural farmland and on the west by Falls Lake. I would live in WF myself if I didn't have children that were already quite happy in other Wake County schools. All in all, Wake Forest has the best of both worlds - small town living with all of the benefits of civilization either right there, or just a short hop away. Find out more at WakeForestNC.gov Good luck in your search!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:09 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,811,317 times
Asheboro is the only place with a zoo. I think you'd like the Triangle. I don't think you could get all that and live somewhere that isn't a burb. Most small towns are mostly farms down here.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:31 AM

13 posts, read 37,550 times
try researching Concord, NC and Harrisburg, NC. They are both outside of Charlotte and you can find nice neighborhoods, tons of churches and people with christian values. They have a more small town feel to them. Homes are affordable. our church is right next to Harrisburg, NC in Charlotte. check out www.realfamilyfellowship.com and if i can help let me know.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:32 AM

13 posts, read 37,550 times
try researching Concord, NC and Harrisburg, NC. They are both outside of Charlotte and you can find nice neighborhoods, tons of churches and people with christian values. They have a more small town feel to them. Homes are affordable. our church is right next to Harrisburg, NC in Charlotte. check out Welcome to Real Family Fellowship! - Home and if i can help let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina