Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 10:43 AM

426 posts, read 1,486,828 times

Advertisements

Anyone registered an out of state leased vehicle in NC?

We registered ours in December. Weve been expecting a bill for the highway tax, but it turns out that Honda applied for an exemption and opted to pay alternate tax.

Quote:
§ 105‑187.5. Alternate tax for those who rent or lease motor vehicles.
(a) Election. – A retailer may elect not to pay the tax imposed by this Article at the rate set in G.S. 105‑187.3 when applying for a certificate of title for a motor vehicle purchased by the retailer for lease or rental. A retailer who makes this election shall pay a tax on the gross receipts of the lease or rental of the vehicle. Like the tax imposed by G.S. 105‑187.3, this alternate tax is a tax on the privilege of using the highways of this State. The tax is imposed on a retailer, but is to be added to the lease or rental price of a motor vehicle and thereby be paid by the person who leases or rents the vehicle.
We are paying 3% tax per month based on our lease amnt, so I believe the above stament applies in our case.

Weve had so many problems with Honda. They paid property tax to our previous state. Our NC bill was due the 1st, yet they say they havent received it. In fact they claim they havent received any of the registration info etc. I sent them. I was actually told to rather fax info than snail mail it bec they cant guarentee that info received via snail mail will make it in to their system.

I just want to make sure I have this sorted out. Did anyone else's leasing company go this route? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina