U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,882 times

Advertisements

Hi Mandy,
where do you live in NC and where did you come from?
I live in Matthews near Charlotte. I hope you live close, I'd love to be able to meet with some Germans.
nina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 03:14 AM

3,428 posts, read 9,249,598 times
According to a recent episode of "North Carolina Weekend" on PBS, a large contingent of Germans have settled in hickory and the surrounding area.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:26 PM

2 posts, read 9,678 times
Hi my name is Rita 7 month ago moved from Frankfurt and I want to meet German people or if some one can give me a German meeting point in Charlotte NC
Thank you
Have a wonderful Blessed day

Old 01-19-2008, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 9,678 times
Default I am from Frankfurt too

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfmaus View Post
I am from Frankfurt.
I so can not wait to be up in Asheville, I just came inside from walking my dogs it is still humid and way too hot here in Florida, I am so over this.

Whatzzzzzz up when you come up here let us get intouch

Old 01-20-2008, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,860 times
Default Hallo

Seems like my post in German was deleted.. well, I saw there was a lot of replys to my original post about Germans in Charlotte, NC. I would like to get in touch, I just moved here from LA, and maybe meet some time. I am 28yo and have been in the US for 10 years but I am thinking to move back. I am originally from Wuerzburg. If anyone wants to get in touch email me at sabine_schmidt1a@yahoo.com.

Tschuss!

Old 01-20-2008, 04:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,814 times
My foreign exchange student is from germany we are like 20 minutes north of raleigh and hes dying to meet some other germans in NC. let me know if you arent interested.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:06 PM

779 posts, read 2,931,514 times
Great thread!!!! Thanks for posting it!! Dankeschoen....!

Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,547,069 times
Maybe this will help: Gaston County, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-24-2008, 11:35 AM

779 posts, read 2,931,514 times
My husband, daughter and I are moving to the Raleigh area this Summer or Fall. I lived in Berlin 12 years, speak (or spoke!?) fluently, but haven't had anyone for a Kaffeeklatsch in such a long time. I'd like to know if there are any Germans or German groups in the Raleigh area at all....Thanks!!

Old 01-28-2008, 01:03 AM

Location: Heidelberg Germany but move to Charlotte NC in Feb.08
2 posts, read 7,829 times
Default Germans in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by poobear1977 View Post
Hi my name is Mandy and i just moved to NC in dezember from Germany. Is there any german people here in NC and where?

thanks
Hi Mandy, I am german and I will move to Charlotte NC on the 11th Feb.08
Where do you live?? I am the founder of German Meetup's in NC!!
Planned are weekly or monthly meet up's in a nice environment such as resaurant ect. to share our language, lifes and experiments! Welcome are germans of course, ppl. that talk german, would like to learn german or which are just interested in our counrty. Let me know if you are interested, my email is: melaniekpk@yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina