U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:24 PM

115 posts, read 408,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
My husband, daughter and I are moving to the Raleigh area this Summer or Fall. I lived in Berlin 12 years, speak (or spoke!?) fluently, but haven't had anyone for a Kaffeeklatsch in such a long time. I'd like to know if there are any Germans or German groups in the Raleigh area at all....Thanks!!
There's a German meetup in Raleigh. Here's the link:

The Raleigh-Durham German Language Meetup Group (Raleigh, NC) - Meetup.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 11:55 AM

779 posts, read 2,931,732 times
Thanks mtbgi9rl!!! Ich freue mich, danke!

Angie

Old 02-03-2008, 08:02 PM

230 posts, read 527,225 times
In case you are in the search of a good german restaurant, come over to Hickory and check out the Old German Schnitzel Haus
Old German Schnitzel Haus (http://www.oldgermanschnitzelhaus.com - broken link)

Old 01-09-2009, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,352 times
are there any germans in frisco or little elm tx?

Old 07-02-2009, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,333 times
There's a German social club centered in Asheville called the German Heritage Circle.

Their website is located at:
http://www.germanheritagecircle.org/

Members are from the western North Carolina area in general.

Last edited by Asheville2012; 07-02-2009 at 03:23 PM..

Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,990 times
Hi there... I am german... but not really close to Charlotte. Location Kinston, NC write anytime though. Nickname... Bird

Old 05-08-2011, 08:24 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,427,400 times
have to bring this thread back to life

I am german (wuerzburg, northern bavaria), have been living in the US for (almost) 10 years and will be moving to Asheville this coming june. We were planning on this for over 2 years and visited several times.
we are totally in love with the area, which so reminds us of the south of germany, where we were moving from

read about the german club in WNC, but maybe some others are going to read this thread and are ready for a 'stammtisch' once a month or so !

Old 05-12-2011, 05:31 AM

1,547 posts, read 2,174,901 times
A lot of Germans are here in NC. Some of our towns in our mountains are named after many Germans.
Charlotte has the International House where a German club meets. Pineville has the Waldorn Restaurant,
Hickory has the Schnitzle House (my Favorite) and raleigh has Edelweiss, Bavarian Brathaus and there are many others around the state. The German culture has been spotted around NC since WW1. Just search for german Clubs or Cultural Events and you should be able to see some things familiar to you.
If you are wanting German contacts send me a private message and I will give you some names of fluent speaking Germans.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,573 times
Hi Mandy, I live in Swansboro NC!!!!!!!!! I am 100 % German form Bamberg. Where are you????//

Wanna find me on FB Daniela Smedley or email danielasmedley@gmail.com

Old 05-25-2011, 02:57 PM

466 posts, read 910,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgentilini View Post
I used to live in Koeln. I'm in South Charlotte now. I just moved here from VA.
Hi, I am also from Koeln and live at the moment at the Oregon Coast. We are looking for a place to relocate, what isn't to humid, but also not so overcast, cool and rainy like here in Oregon.
We also thinking about moving to either Denver, Co or Albuquerque, NM. I don't like the weather in Oregon much - the nature is beautiful though - it is to similar to Germany!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina