Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 10:17 PM

3 posts, read 10,976 times

Advertisements

I hope you wish come true and she will be in your place
Take care sonja
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 05:12 AM

30 posts, read 126,520 times
If you are German than you should check out Helen in Ga. Maybe just to visit but not to live there. It's a small touristy town with a distinctive German feel. All of the buildings and streets are made to look like a small town in Germany.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,296 times
Hello everyone.
I have totally forgot bout this site lol.Well we recently moved back from mannheim to NC Wsahington.I brought even my mom who is slowly learning english....it takes time of course.I would like tomeet some new ppl in the Nc area or else where I be glad to hear something .....Tina age 32

Old 03-21-2007, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,053 times
I used to live in Koeln. I'm in South Charlotte now. I just moved here from VA.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:25 PM

47 posts, read 187,553 times
Another German here. I grew up near Duesseldorf, lived in Canada, California, TN and we are now moving to Lake Norman this spring. Any German dressage riders on board here?

Old 03-21-2007, 04:03 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,340,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldatuneed View Post
Hello everyone.
I have totally forgot bout this site lol.Well we recently moved back from mannheim to NC Wsahington.I brought even my mom who is slowly learning english....it takes time of course.I would like tomeet some new ppl in the Nc area or else where I be glad to hear something .....Tina age 32
My daughter studied at the University of Mannheim. She loved her time there and can't wait to return!

Old 03-29-2007, 04:50 PM

2 posts, read 5,991 times
Default Did You ???

Katrin,
Did you make the move ? Me (German from Niedersachsen) and my wife
are planning to move to Asheville . Bitte um Antwort.
Thanks
Rudolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfmaus View Post
Hello,

my name is Katrin, I moved from germany to the US about 6,5 years ago. My husband is American, speaks fluently german though, since he worked for 12 years in Germany and Autria. We are currently in Sarasota, Florida and will be realoctating to Asheville, North Carolina in 3 weeks (can't wait )
I would love to meet up with a group of german people once in a while. Please write back where you guys are going to live etc.

Greetings Katrin.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:10 PM

2 posts, read 5,991 times
Default Another one here !

Hallo,
I am Rudi from Germany and look for advise . Me and my wife have serious plans to get out of Florida (Orlando) . Too hot here , crime is increasing rapidly and traffic is crazy . We have found 2 places we really like but have not been there yet (planning to go in a few weeks). Asheville we like a lot and another choice would be Charlotte. My wife is born hispanic and had some experiences before so we wonder which area is more welcoming in that aspect. Also work wise. I have a small Home Repair business in Orlando and would like it to relocate. Is ther enough work those places ? Or any suggestions ? Any help will be greatful appreciated and hope to meet some of you in the near future (is there a German society in either city) ?
Thanks ( Vielen Dank) Rudi

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt4fam View Post
Hi Katrin,

What part of Germany are you from?

Old 04-14-2007, 03:31 AM

5 posts, read 9,732 times
hey guys,

im a german paralegal looking for a job in nc. Anybody know a german lawyer who would hire me?

sara

Old 04-14-2007, 06:34 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,432,293 times
Schoenen guten Tag ! :-)
I'm also from Germany (Frankfurt a/M and Hanau area). Been here in the states since 1991. Lived in Pennsylvania first, moved to Florida 4 years ago, and we are moving now up to NC May 5th. (Charlotte/ Mooresville area).
Pennsylvania is very cold, and people like it there because of winter sports. However, where I'm from in Germany, we don't really get the same snow anymore I remember....It's much more rainy now, and "slushy". NC really fits the bill, because the winter season is shorter, and considerably mild. From the counrty side it totally reminds me of germany, and that alone is a major reason why my mind was made up! My husband and I drove over to Kannapolis, just snooping around a bit.......OMG....endless fields, rolling hills, country, horses everywhere, cows, donkeys.....lol........AMAZING!!!!
To put it in a nutshell...the further northern states have the same bitter cold winters, like we remember from germany to be way back when..... Now that the weather got so much milder, it is just like NC!
Drop me a line....would love to get in touch with some cool germans!
My whole family is in germany, and I am the only one here...so, I am not only homesick, I really miss the "gemuetlichkeit" a lot too.
Yeah, all of us should get together sooner or later!!!
Drop me a line or two!
Tschuess bis bald!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina