Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2006, 09:58 AM

7 posts, read 23,039 times

Advertisements

my husband has a job offer in marshville nc. can anyone tell me about the area?
the schools(i have a 15 yr old boy)
towns in area? nice place to live?
crime?
are the bugs really bad?

we are totally confused with this decision. please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2006, 08:47 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,759,989 times
Don't know about the bugs. But this may give you an idea about the crime.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Marshv...-Carolina.html

Old 05-04-2006, 08:56 PM

104 posts, read 573,813 times
Default Marshville

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsure in pa
my husband has a job offer in marshville nc. can anyone tell me about the area?
the schools(i have a 15 yr old boy)
towns in area? nice place to live?
crime?
are the bugs really bad?

we are totally confused with this decision. please help!
Okay, hum....I never heard of anybody moving to Marshville before. Marshville is just beyond Monroe on Hwy 74. It is mainly known for poultry processing plants and is about 30-35 miles from downtown Charlotte. It is a very sleepy little town, and I suspect it has a very high Hispanic population as some in that area do. The big event is Friday nights at Don's Auction House. Some nights he has antiques and some night 'regular junk' but you can always get something cheap.

I said that in a 'tongue in cheek' manner, but it is basically factual. It depends on what you like and how bad he needs the job.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:38 AM

7 posts, read 23,039 times
Thank you for your response. We have been down to visit,but that was only for a couple of days, didn't get around enough. His job would be in marshville and we are willing to live within 20 miles to find the right place. Wingate did seem to be nice. We now live in a quiet,very private home here in Pa. My main concern is schooling for my 15 yr old. His big worry is losing his friends. I know he will make more, but try to tell him. With internet these days he can still keep in touch up here.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:45 AM

104 posts, read 573,813 times
Wingate is a nice location, though low key especially for a teenager. I can tell you that moving when you have a teenager can be trying since I did that myself. They have their own ideas of what is great and what isn't. My son decided (not quite 17 then) that he would just leave home and go back to his old friends. There was no reasoning with him whatsoever. Ask how he would live and he'd say with friends, ask where he'd get the money and he'd say 'they wouldn't charge him anything' or he'd earn it. (Right. How?) So, he went back. I found someone to 'take him in' until I could get back too. I was divorced but didn't want him under the influence of his dad and he didn't want to go there either. So, I finally took the first job offer I got and took a real blow to my career to get back. They can be difficult at that age. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina