U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2006, 09:08 AM

543 posts, read 1,637,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua2415sj3
Amen, Mark! We're moving to NC from CT, and am looking forward to finding nice, family focused folks like ourselves. No stereo-typing on either side. Looking forward to a slower paced life that we've only been able to visit up until now.
I hear you, we found a nice place and will be moving the last week of June. Driving my caddy down, uhaul trailer in tow, wearing a red sox hat, purple lights under the car.

Bubba, way to funny. bacca-- ..

NascarNanacy -- the z sounds nice. Nothing like rumbling when at idle. I'm going to have to restock my toys after we move. I think I'll buy up some crap property first though and throw a camper on it..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2006, 09:12 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,357,893 times
Markh,
We have boxed up our NY Yankee paraphernalia indefinitely. My 6-year-old refuses to carry her Philly Eagles backpack, she's already turned her back on the area. Smart girl.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymom
Markh,
We have boxed up our NY Yankee paraphernalia indefinitely. My 6-year-old refuses to carry her Philly Eagles backpack, she's already turned her back on the area. Smart girl.
Yeah, I'd pack up any yankees stuff I had too, even If I weren't moving...

Sounds like once "all y'all's" (is that right dizliz?) daughter picks up some lingo she'll fit right in.

Isn't there a lot of minor league ball in NC?

Old 05-06-2006, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizliz0925
This is an excerpt of an email my mother-in-law sent to me recently.
I am a transplant to FL (ok not really the South) and she is a native...
Please remember this is all in jest (and it's FRIDAY). We could all use a good laugh...
Dizliz, this should be required reading for all those that are moving...

Old 05-06-2006, 12:11 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,357,893 times
I left myself open for that Yankee slam. No problem, I'm not a big baseball fan. Not giving up my NJ Devils, though.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:20 PM
JAS

570 posts, read 1,777,384 times
Default minor league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Yes - it is very popular in NC. There are AAA teams in Durham and Charlotte; a AA team in Zebulon? (east of Raleigh) and Gastonia (or maybe their team is single-A); and several single-A teams throughout the state. Off the top of my head, I can name single-A teams in Asheville, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Kannapolis. Fayetteville and Wilmington may have teams. Burlington has a rookie-league team.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:11 PM

5 posts, read 9,576 times
Markh
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizliz0925
This is an excerpt of an email my mother-in-law sent to me recently.
I am a transplant to FL (ok not really the South) and she is a native...
Please remember this is all in jest (and it's FRIDAY). We could all use a good laugh...
Dizliz, this should be required reading for all those that are moving...
Hey....she said she was kidding so I took no offense....what exactly are you saying here?

Old 05-06-2006, 02:13 PM

5 posts, read 9,576 times
Sorry....messed up quote...Markh posted the required reading comment....I was reacting to that.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:32 PM

110 posts, read 365,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Yeah, I'd pack up any yankees stuff I had too, even If I weren't moving...

Sounds like once "all y'all's" (is that right dizliz?) daughter picks up some lingo she'll fit right in.

Yes, the Charlotte Knights and the Hickory Crawdads. The Knights play just over the state line in SC. Pretty good area for it too, not alot of traffic problems there even on busy nights.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaney58
Sorry....messed up quote...Markh posted the required reading comment....I was reacting to that.
Umm, no offense meant Delany. Was all in jest, just like the post.

I heard there was a ball team neam Huntersville. Maybe Kannapolis? Slightly off topic but my son is an excellent soccer player but it sounds like b-ball is more popular so we going to see if he wants to switch. Skinny littlke troll, eats everything in sight and doesn't gain a pound, unlike me. I eat something and it takes me a week to burn it off, welcome to old age I guess.

Last edited by Markh; 05-06-2006 at 10:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or