Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:35 PM

7 posts, read 27,462 times

Advertisements

Colours starts on Hwy 70 .The developers rerouted Thurman Rd it no longer is straight down to Old Airport. Now Thurman bears to the right just over the railroad tracks and to the left is the Colours entrance. Colours goes down past what used to be Wilcox Road . The developers incorporated Wilcox into the subdivision. Evans Mills is another subdivision it the end of Old Airport. It is along Brice's Creek. Not sure about exactly where the grocery and retail stores are going it is still "town talk".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2006, 09:45 PM

505 posts, read 2,535,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtk93 View Post
Colours starts on Hwy 70 .The developers rerouted Thurman Rd it no longer is straight down to Old Airport. Now Thurman bears to the right just over the railroad tracks and to the left is the Colours entrance. Colours goes down past what used to be Wilcox Road . The developers incorporated Wilcox into the subdivision. Evans Mills is another subdivision it the end of Old Airport. It is along Brice's Creek. Not sure about exactly where the grocery and retail stores are going it is still "town talk".
Is that neighborhood off of Thurman rd still there (brandywine dr)? The one with the kind of ran down single story brick houses?

Wow this is hard to picture. But It has been five years since of I been in that area. (around Thurman rd)

Have you heard about all the new luxury condos being built downtown? And the one beside Outback? Any date for construction to begin?

Old 12-22-2006, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
Is that neighborhood off of Thurman rd still there (brandywine dr)? The one with the kind of ran down single story brick houses?

Wow this is hard to picture. But It has been five years since of I been in that area. (around Thurman rd)

Have you heard about all the new luxury condos being built downtown? And the one beside Outback? Any date for construction to begin?
Yes Brandywine Dr. is still there. It is on the right just after Thurman curves. The city put a new fire station near the end of Thurman . The Condos by Outback are almost finished. There are condos downtown at the end of Front St. on the river. After Brandywine before the fire station is another neighborhood Gables Run .It is multi (3-8) acre home sites for horse people. Several lots are large enough to have pvt. stables. At the front of the neighborhood is a community stable. The mall has been purchased by a mall developer who promises positive changes.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Yes Brandywine Dr. is still there. It is on the right just after Thurman curves. The city put a new fire station near the end of Thurman . The Condos by Outback are almost finished. There are condos downtown at the end of Front St. on the river. After Brandywine before the fire station is another neighborhood Gables Run .It is multi (3-8) acre home sites for horse people. Several lots are large enough to have pvt. stables. At the front of the neighborhood is a community stable. The mall has been purchased by a mall developer who promises positive changes.

Geez! The condos are almost finished near Outback! It would be really cool if you had a digital camera and took some shots of all this, then posted some. I would do it myself but it is a 2.5 hour drive....

What about the Bridegton side of town. Anything worth talking about going on over there?

Old 12-22-2006, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Geez! The condos are almost finished near Outback! It would be really cool if you had a digital camera and took some shots of all this, then posted some. I would do it myself but it is a 2.5 hour drive....

What about the Bridegton side of town. Anything worth talking about going on over there?
Over the"big bridge" into Bridgeton there changes too. Fairfield Harbor is building up .There is a new restaurant and they are building up the marina. On the river in Bridgeton a developer is putting in condo/marina develpoment. Not sure the name. I heard the blueberry farm has already been sold. A card came in the mail a few days ago giving basic info. You know if it is on the river it will be $$$$$$$.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Over the"big bridge" into Bridgeton there changes too. Fairfield Harbor is building up .There is a new restaurant and they are building up the marina. On the river in Bridgeton a developer is putting in condo/marina develpoment. Not sure the name. I heard the blueberry farm has already been sold. A card came in the mail a few days ago giving basic info. You know if it is on the river it will be $$$$$$$.
What??? Holy crap.....

They sold the blueberry farm....noooooooooooo

Watch it turn into a subdivision.

Man morris blueberry farm was my favorite place to get blueberries. When I was a kid we would go there to pick blueberries...we thought we would make money....but we made just enough to head up to the store and blow it on candy...lol. I wonder how much money they got for that land!

rjtk93,

I hope you hang around the board, it's great to here all these updates in New Bern. Although some are not that great. (morris blueberry farm)

Is there anything happening along North Craven St near the railroads? I always thought that would be a great stretch for a redevelopment or new riverwalk of some kind.

Old 12-22-2006, 10:50 PM

Quote:
What??? Holy crap.....

They sold the blueberry farm....noooooooooooo

Watch it turn into a subdivision.

Man morris blueberry farm was my favorite place to get blueberries. When I was a kid we would go there to pick blueberries...we thought we would make money....but we made just enough to head up to the store and blow it on candy...lol. I wonder how much money they got for that land!

rjtk93,

I hope you hang around the board, it's great to here all these updates in New Bern. Although some are not that great. (morris blueberry farm)

Is there anything happening along North Craven St near the railroads? I always thought that would be a great stretch for a redevelopment or new riverwalk of some kind.
Yes many people were sad when they heard the blueberry farm sold. I guess they were ofered a price they could not refuse. Down N. Craven once you go past the court house the neighborhood is a bit "iffy". Not too much going on there. The Tyron Palace is starting a massive expansion. They have the land along the river and are building an education/computer/cafe type place. A rep from the palace came to a Girl Scout leader meeting and shared info on the project. Many $$$$$. Once it is completed it will be awsome.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Yes many people were sad when they heard the blueberry farm sold. I guess they were ofered a price they could not refuse. Down N. Craven once you go past the court house the neighborhood is a bit "iffy". Not too much going on there. The Tyron Palace is starting a massive expansion. They have the land along the river and are building an education/computer/cafe type place. A rep from the palace came to a Girl Scout leader meeting and shared info on the project. Many $$$$$. Once it is completed it will be awsome.

That Tryon palace expansion sounds really cool! Will they sell coffee? Sounds like a cool place to get some homework and research done.

We have talked about the east side of town, what about the west and south sides of town. (hwy 17....Glenburnie) anything new going on? What about out towards Clarks? Or is that still just an industrial area?

Thanks for all this info!

Old 12-26-2006, 10:59 AM

13 posts, read 60,181 times
Smile new bern

Sounds like New Bern is really an up and coming place to live. What are the issues with the Neuse River Water Quality..
I am looking at a business opportunity in this area.
Will be making an offer with the next few days.. Any other info on the quality of the private schools would be great...:

Old 12-26-2006, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varcj View Post
Sounds like New Bern is really an up and coming place to live. What are the issues with the Neuse River Water Quality..
I am looking at a business opportunity in this area.
Will be making an offer with the next few days.. Any other info on the quality of the private schools would be great...:

New Bern really is a cool little historical town. They are slowly up and coming, nothing drastic. Which is a good thing.

Our river has had its problems with water quality. We can all thank Raleigh for that. The Neuse flows through raleigh. In the past, factories and companies located along the Neuse dumped materials into the river. (something like that)

Also, there are farms and hog farms located up river. Chemicals from farming got into the river, and hog waste. Today, the Neuse is having to overcome these past problems. Laws have been passed to try and prevent this from happening again.

Private schools in New Bern? I am not really sure about that one. I know there is some type of school in James City, a christian academy or something. As far as I know, thats it. (something new could have popped up though)

Most of the parents in New Bern send their kids to Parrot academy in Kinston. They have bus service to New Bern. This is where the richer kids go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina