U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-17-2008, 06:14 PM

44 posts, read 94,479 times
Smile where to relocate in nc

Hi there,

I'm still new to this but here goes... my husband is retiring from local fire dept in md, and we love nc, but not sure where to go. We are looking for at least an acre of land, approx. 2400 sq ft home, peaceful area (having said that we have 2 preteens and they need some things to do) and between 225-325k range. We are right now visiting clayton, seems like alot of building going on...

We have also visited the new bern area, didn't like the feel, but we might not have stayed long enough?

My husband grew up around the Ches Bay, loves fishing and boating and I would like to find an area that has some water, large lake, inlet, or river.

We've thought about Edenton, Greenville, etc and also Lake Gaston or Kerr.

Does anyone out there have any ideas? Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 11:11 AM

14 posts, read 21,426 times
You could try Lake Gaston or Kerr Lake. There is also Falls Lake in Raleigh/Wake Forest and Durham areas. There is a lot of growth in Clayton, it is one of the biggest growth areas. If you want an acre- try Youngsville, Knightdale, Zebulon and also Wake Forest.

Best of luck!!

Old 04-18-2008, 04:12 PM

44 posts, read 94,479 times
Smile where to relocate in nc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie in Raleigh View Post
You could try Lake Gaston or Kerr Lake. There is also Falls Lake in Raleigh/Wake Forest and Durham areas. There is a lot of growth in Clayton, it is one of the biggest growth areas. If you want an acre- try Youngsville, Knightdale, Zebulon and also Wake Forest.

Best of luck!!
Thanks - we actually visited Kerr Lake and Falls Lake today.... really nice, my husband would love to fish there. Do you know of any subdivisions or good towns to look at around these areas?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina