Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:55 AM

27 posts, read 118,259 times

Advertisements

I commute from Sanford to Bragg everyday. Its not a bad drive. I get up at 0500 to make the drive down for PT. The biggest issue is getting there earlier enough to get a parking spot. Traffic and parking are horrendous in the morning. It takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes depending on how fast you drive. But Sanford you get more house for your money; bigger house, bigger yard and it is just as close to drive to Apex and Cary then to go to Fayetteville. As for deployments, most of the 82d goes every other year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 03:37 PM

12 posts, read 52,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darzz1 View Post
You might want to look at Fuquay Varina. My husband was supposed to get stationed at Ft. Bragg so we bought a small home In Fuquay.. unfortunatly his
orders changed and they sent him overseas to Afghan. for 16 months. The housing is really affordable.

I only have good things to say about the area. It has a small town feel, yet
has lots of restaurants, walmart, parks and really cute down town areas (2). We love it there and hope to move there full time.

I think it's about a 40 min commute..?? unsure so you may want to check into that.
I'm also transfering to the Ft.Bragg area from WDC area. How far is the commute from F-V to Bragg?

Old 01-18-2009, 03:33 PM

8 posts, read 27,238 times
Default question about spring lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
I'd be careful of Spring Lake, if you're talking about the downtown area, it is high crime. The area towards Anderson Creek area of Spring Lake I'd say is ok. Or Deerfield isn't too bad.
where is downtown considered? l'm thinking about moving to either knight pl or gadget dr at wheels estate. how is it there. want to move out of pa tooo cold and toooo much snow.. selling home in pa to just now want to rent. am l going to be near the downtown area? any help would be great. Sue

Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,984,771 times
Type in the street name and change the date for one year or more to see what has happened there. This is for the Sheriff's Dept only. You'd have to call Spring Lake PD for thier info. Several things come up for Knight Place.

Sheriff's Incident Report

Wheels estate is a trailer park on the back side of Pope Army Air Field off Manchester road. It is NOT near downtown Spring Lake. It is an out of the way location and not really near anything like shopping.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:14 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,777,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan14904 View Post
where is downtown considered? l'm thinking about moving to either knight pl or gadget dr at wheels estate. how is it there. want to move out of pa tooo cold and toooo much snow.. selling home in pa to just now want to rent. am l going to be near the downtown area? any help would be great. Sue
I don't know where either of these places are. The "downtown" part I was talking about is the areas behind Carlies IGA on Bragg.....or behind Taco Bell/Kangaroo on Bragg....basically the main strip of Bragg (87) and Murchison (210) Rd blvd from Butner Rd. (where Bragg and Spring Lake meet) all the way up to just past Vass Rd. (after you've crossed the bridge on Bragg going towards Sanford) In daylight you might be ok but at night that area is known for car jackings and mugging.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:49 PM

17 posts, read 78,097 times
Check out the Buffalo Lake Road area. Peachtree Crossing subdivision. Really nice homes, great area!! There is a lake, golf course just minutes away. It is about 10-15 min. from Pope and Bragg. . NICE AREA!!!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-01-2009 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: real estate link

Old 02-18-2009, 10:46 AM

9 posts, read 33,351 times
I am also a transplant from Northern CA, well Monterey area anyway. So you can imagine when I stepped foot into Fayetteville and Fort Bragg areas, I pretty much wanted to turn around a run back home. My husband is stationed at Fort Polk right now, but will coming back to Bragg. We have lived in Fayetteville and Raeford, but have honestly found the best place to be is up in Harnett County or Lee County. We live in Angier, which is about a 30 min drive to Bragg. I love the fact that I can go to Raleigh, Cary, Apex and any other larger city for shopping or restaurants, anything you need!

Let me know if you need some help!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 6,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingbean411 View Post
My husband is part of the Army Rangers, and has just received his orders that his permanent duty station will be Fort Bragg, NC. We currently live in Northern California and will be moving out there in a couple of months. We are both young, with no children. I am an RN and will hopefully continue to work as one in North Carolina. With that being said, I am looking for a safe, friendly area (family minded as I hope to have children soon) with decent house prices. I am not used to the Southern heat yet, so anywhere that’s more of a wooded like area, or near a body of water would be good. I’d love to purchase a home (my budget is no more than 200,000 for a three bedroom, 2 bath hopefully updated home) somewhat close to the base (although I don’t really want to be right next to the base as I hear it isn’t a good area). My husband is willing to commute up to 45 minutes.

I don’t really want to live in the city; I’d like more of a small town feel. Plenty of natural beauty, and hopefully that Southern Charm! Please let me know what areas I should be looking at… thanks!
so, your husband must be Ranger TABBED.... none of the 3 of the 75th ranger regiment is stationed ANYWHERE close to Bragg. So he's not a Army Ranger, he's a ranger tabbed special operations guy... and that's a whole 'nother ballgame. Especially if he/you guys were in Nor Cal, and not Washington State. The Spec Ops is mostly here in Bragg, but not any ranger regiments. I am sorry! I had to do it, there are a lot of hard working 75th ranger guys out there that I once knew that get hot under the collar about that! heheh So, I guess I had to clarify.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:09 AM

2 posts, read 10,113 times
My son and his new wife will be stationed at Ft. Bragg in May 2011 and are looking for a safe area for apartments. Does anyone know about Jamestown Commons apartments. They say it's close to the army post and is gated? thoughts or recommendations

Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 AM

2 posts, read 10,113 times
my son and his wife are moving to Fort Bragg in May 2011 and are looking for a good/safe area for apartments. Can anyone give some insight as to good places to check? Hidden Lake apartments? Jamestown Commons? others... thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina