U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:43 PM

191 posts, read 937,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendnc View Post
I live in Concord and love it. There are homes in all price ranges, it's safe, the schools are great, and we're close to Charlotte and all to all it has to offer. Don't plan on ever leaving!
I was looking into the Harris, Griffin and Concord middle schools. Do you know anything about those schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2006, 05:07 AM

942 posts, read 2,369,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
My husband & I are currently live in S. Florida with our two children & two dogs. But we are sick and tired of the hurricanes. Plus the cost of our house tripled since purchasing it. If we sold it. we could invest in a bigger house & better quality of living.

We have heard great things about N. Carolina. I see that this forum has a lot of activity (which I like). Please tell me what areas we should look into? Our kids are young (7 and 17 months). We are looking for good schools, family friendly communities, lots of recreation, and close proximity to a larger city.

Our price range is 130's-180's. We don't mind transplants (heck most of S. Florida is a mini New York!). So we are open to a variety of communities. As long as the kids can live a good quality life, we are happy.

Thanks so much!
mom2justynsarah
Hi mom to justy and sarah,
have you been able to sell your home in Florida yet?? If so where and when if you dont mind sharing.

Last edited by Pixie Dust; 11-18-2006 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-08-2007, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 6,089 times
Default need help

I am a single woman with four children looking to move in a single family house that i can afford and get a good paying job rent no more then 600.00
please help.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:33 AM

3 posts, read 14,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendnc View Post
I live in Concord and love it. There are homes in all price ranges, it's safe, the schools are great, and we're close to Charlotte and all to all it has to offer. Don't plan on ever leaving!
Hi we are planning to move to Concord too, we have three children (16, 15, and 14). Wich high school do you recomend for them.
Thank you for your help

Old 04-28-2007, 10:04 AM

222 posts, read 632,711 times
Default Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkids View Post
I am a single woman with four children looking to move in a single family house that i can afford and get a good paying job rent no more then 600.00
please help.
What city/town/area are you shooting for? Here in Charlotte, 600.00 will not get you in a nice neighborhood or school district. Good paying jobs are minimal at best since there are so many qualified applicants that you will be competing with. What type of job might you be looking for?

Old 04-28-2007, 10:28 AM

449 posts, read 1,045,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourkids View Post
please help.
There are a lot of smaller towns in Eastern Carolina where you can rent a place for $600 or less-BUT-you have to be careful when choosing school districts. I am also a single Mom-I live in Pitt cty, we moved from South Florida, I have one child a 12 yr old boy. We live in a small town-Farmville, just outside of Greenville. Love the small town feel and sidewalks, allowing my son to easily and safely visit friends. The only drawback is the Middle School here. Unlike Florida they dont offer a "school choice" program. I am very disappointed with this school-others may like it-everything is relative-all depends on what you are used to. We have only been here 9 mths-but when my lease is up in August I plan on moving again. Considering Greenville-same county but bigger city & have checked out some of the schools there. i would really prefer to live closer to the coast (miss the beach) but obviously it will be more expensive. But this area is definetly inexpensive-just depends on what your priorities are. Good luck-pm me if you want.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:29 PM

770 posts, read 3,402,836 times
[quote=nctarheel;10692]Charlotte Meck schools have been notorious the past few years for overcrowding, particulary in the suburbs. Charlotte wants to build inner-city schools and those arent near full capacity, so Ive heard. QUOTE]

I taught in Charlotte's inner city schools, Briar Creek to be exact and it is VERY overcrowded. I had 30 title I students in a trailer. I should have not had more then 21 children due to it being a title I school and the fact it was in a trailer. There was no room for computers, books, a reading area...nothing! All I had were desks squished together. Charlotte definitely needs to focus on the schools in the inner cities.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:05 PM

8 posts, read 16,094 times
You should try looking into rutherford county,nc. has good elem.schools and its close to ashville and charlotte, spartarnburg. you should look in to it.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,653 times
I was wondering what website you meant. I too would like to relocate to this area with my family from Nj. All the towns sound so great...but which one do I choose?

Old 05-12-2007, 01:38 PM

1,685 posts, read 5,688,149 times
One good way to choose is to come and visit. Take a few days if possible the visit the various areas then hopefully you can have a feel for the possibilities. Oh and doing research online as much as possible really helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or