U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should this thread be closed?
yes 27 71.05%
no 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 11:20 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,124,171 times

Advertisements

Actually, the true statistic is 300 illegal aliens enter Los Angeles per day. It's hard to explain to others that these are people that enter the country despising and resenting everyone who's already here in Los Angeles, no matter what nationality of origin, and do not hesitate to act upon it. I am terrified of all these people who have been so mean to me personally on a daily basis (see posts r.e. shot at my dogs, spit at me, destroyed my property with chainsaws, the nonstop graffiti on my block, gangs, actual homicides within my middle-class neighborhood, etc.) This is not an abstract, not racism, this is realistic obsevation. Leaving here when my husband retires will be self-preservation for us. I'm sure that everyone here on these forums who's not Caucasian has his or her own story of injustice visited upon them, similarly.BUT...two wrongs don't make a right, it is never right to be a bully. But the illegals have been bullies to me. I'm not suspicious of my fellow Americans, but I am terrified of illegal alien bullies.

Old 05-14-2006, 09:17 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,076,599 times
The Charlotte Observer (website) has an article today regarding the police and they are trying to figure out what to do about the language barrier due to the illegals/immigrants in Cabarrus County. Unfortunately we Californian's know what they can do to a state. I remember about 5 years ago when we were back in NC and an article in the newspaper was explaining how happy they were because the hispanic population was growing! Apparently the writer had never spent time out here. It's the illegals that are the issue and no one has done anything with the boarder for years!!! We have signs out here with a man holding a womens hand and her hand holding a childs hand running. These are posted on the freeway because they run across the freeway and get killed! They had to post signs because it was that big of a problem and those signs have been posted for 20 or 30 years!!!

In yesterday's Oberver it was that the immigrant construction workers were using fake SS cards/numbers. They take them from deceased people. Identity theft. We have articles in our paper telling us not to leave outgoing mail on your mailbox and make sure you have a mailbox that locks!

You should have seen the news when they were going to close a free clinic! Do you recieve free medical care? Our hospitals are closing because of the "free" care.

Once again it is the "illegals" that I have an issue with. I have plenty of multi cultured friends.

Hope ya'all have uninsured motorist coverage.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:52 PM

As with nascarnancy, I am a Los Angeles resident, 50 years in my case, who has seen all signs in English disappear in most of my gigantic city. You should not encourage bullies. Give them an inch, and they take a thousand kilometres. They all receive free services taxed to me, the American citizen who will never ever receive anything remotely similar. Now that we must leave California, I am terrified that the bullies will turn NC into same. Read my L.A. threads, as the forum does not like repeated posts.

Old 05-14-2006, 04:07 PM

2,098 posts, read 5,874,371 times
Wow, I didn't realize the illegal statistics in CA were that high on a daily basis. It's a shame. After watching everything in the news lately, one is left to assume that at this rate, if we don't take some sort of action (God knows what it could or would be), eventually, America will be filled with illegal immigrants and no freakin' Americans. Those of us left will be a minorityto people who are here without rights!!! Not that we're not already minorities in some places but I'm talking country-wide minorities in our own country!!!! Will there actually be ANY real americans left? Racism or not, now they know why we "hate" them too.

Old 05-14-2006, 05:34 PM

It's not "hatred," pixieshmoo, it's terror. They have been mean to me, changed an American city into a third world one, and priced us out by demanding free services that Americans can't qualify for. Just as everyone on this forum wouldn't want me to move here and change every sign into a foreign language, be a nonstop bully because one's misogynistic culture dictates same and try to change every little thing to duplicate the place that one supposedly left, and badmouth every little thing about the new place while taking your money from you in the form of ever skyrocketing taxes, I really don't like foreign nationals having done that to me. I am afraid of them. Los Angeles is a lost cause. I want to move back to America!

Old 05-14-2006, 06:42 PM

131 posts, read 140,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpoodle
Hi Fastfilm: I am not sure what part of LA you live in, and I have been in the bay area for the last 7 years, but having grown up and lived in many parts of CA, Iinland empire, orange county and bay area).....I have never heard of anything like what you are describing!!!! Are you in the middle of gang territory or what?

In any case, it sounds awful.....and shocking to this CA native!
Filmfast is not lying.Los Angeles is a gang infested mess from one end to the other.You blacks wanting to move to Asheville,It,s a great city.I think you could come in contact with a white racist in Asheville,Charlotte,in the rural and everywhere.Most whites are not racist if you leave them alone in their private life.We share our schools,work,recreation,restaurants,politics
law,civic clubs,and every other prospect and are made by our comminism law to adapt well.But when we go home we want to be left alone.We don't want blacks,hispanics,chinese,and any other races in our neighbors or our homes.
Good people respect that,But here comes the disrespectful ones peddling dope and doing illegal activities and when they get called names they want to cry on someones shoulder.Stay out of whites personal lives and you won't have a problem.Latinos don't get it either.They have to come through our
neighborhoods playing that F****D up music.driving them piece of s**t cars
yelling I hi hi with a 300 lb lard assed white trash without teeth and living in
a $200.00 along with 18 more.Trash in the yard,beer cans everywhere,and
they wonder what's wrong with america.Something is.Bigtime Wrong

Old 05-14-2006, 07:06 PM

We already are the minority in So Cal. I totally agree with you fastfilm. I couldn't have said it better, they change cities into 3rd world cities. Hate to say it but it's true. Parks, lakes whateve it is becomes 3rd world. We used to go off roading in Azusa canyon in the early 80's and the last time I was there, their was graffiti all over the rocks! Never went back. Graffiti on the new walls lining the freeway projects my tax dollars just paid for. They have to lock the spray paint cans up in the stores.

In Santa Ana you now have to have a permit to have a garage sale because they were "swap meet" selling out of their driveways and the roach coaches were there serving food, and fruit and vegatable trucks are selling stuff etc and it was causing traffic problems and disrupting the neighborhoods.

That one Monday when everyone protested and didn't go to work was one of the nicest days driving to and from work. I couldn't believe how much that relieved the traffic.

That is just the tip of the iceburg. Like fastfilm said, I want to live in America.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:12 PM

Like I said, I have friends of different races and I could care less if you are black, white whatever. Their is good and bad in all people of all colors. It's the illegal issue here.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:21 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,352,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy
and the roach coaches were there serving food, and fruit and vegatable trucks are selling stuff etc and it was causing traffic problems and disrupting the neighborhoods.

Hey Nascarnancy...being that I use to live in So Cal...I know the meaning of roach coach...but other's might not (large mobile truck unit that will stop and serve food from..usually around businesses and such at lunchtime). I have not heard of that term as of yet (here in the Carolina's) but if in fact they do...would they instead be called a Palmetto Coach?

Old 05-14-2006, 07:27 PM

142 posts, read 660,356 times
Arrow What do you expect?...

While I agree with most of the comments being made - what do you expect?

People should be blaming the countries leaders. They care more about appeasing their constituents and padding their pocket-books and ignoring the tax payers concerns. All the marches and protests mean nothing to these "leaders".

I've never seen the country so angry and divided...its really getting scary.

BTW - excellent thread, very worth while reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina