U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Should this thread be closed?
yes 27 71.05%
no 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2006, 09:22 PM

2,560 posts, read 4,319,487 times

Advertisements

FYI-California Proposition 187 was a 1994 ballot initiative designed to deny illegal immigrants social services, health care, and public education. It was introduced by assemblyman **** Mountjoy (Republican from Monrovia, California) as the Save Our State initiative. A number of other organizations were involved in bringing it to the voters. It passed with 59% of the vote, but was overturned by a federal court.

How bad is it? Check out removed
We have been trying

Yes, a Palmetto Coach! LOL Back to the bugs again..Thanks lovethecarolinas!

Last edited by Yac; 05-15-2006 at 02:26 AM..

Old 05-14-2006, 09:40 PM

1,398 posts, read 4,744,727 times
I want Backfist as my neighbor, as he is actively trying to teach his children to live decently. In fact I want all of you as my neighbors, as you seem to be thoughtful Americans. Americans originally came from everywhere, got through difficulties, and now appreciate what we have here as Americans, and, so importantly, can communicate with one another when we have inevitable differences. We don't speak the Norwegian, Tagalog, Farsi, Gaelic, Kikuyu, Polish, Mandarin or Italian of our ancestral countries, we speak American English, and learn foreign languages as additional work skills or hobbies. Your parents or grandparents learned English. You all aren't incommunicado little tribal enclaves who distrust every nationality that's not your specific ancestral one. My Los Angeles neighborhood is prodominantly foreign nationals who shoot at my dogs, tear down historic preservation, break every law, and speak little English. Every time I check a new North Carolina website that translates everything into Spanish, I cringe. And am afraid that I'll find what I am running terrified from at the location to which we want to move...

Last edited by fastfilm; 05-14-2006 at 09:47 PM..

Old 05-15-2006, 01:02 AM

30 posts, read 119,485 times
All you guys posting about how bad LA and CA in general is - is starting to really make me feel uncomfortable about North Carolina, esp. the bigger cities. I have no issue with legal immigrants but I do have an issue with undocumented workers and gangs. With all the growth and construction going on in NC, the undocumented workers population is probably growing.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:17 AM

2,289 posts, read 3,739,426 times
Wow. Some very sobering sentiments.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:33 PM

26 posts, read 42,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC
Carolina Girl, you have no idea what an illegal invasion is if you think NC is anywhere close to CA.
They are already established in CA popping out babbies 5,6 to a family. Every day thousands more come over the border.

A bus load a day, 100's more than that walk in per hour in CA.
Yeah, no kidding, try California for illegal aliens....I laughed out loud when I read Carolina Girl's post about North Carolina leading the nation in illegals comming to her state. It's always a lovely day here in sunny So. Cal. when you pull up at the local Home Depot to buy some plants for your yard and you are met with a dozen illegals running at you to pick them up because they think you are stopping to give them work, and a another dozen urinating in public, and a another dozen sleeping under the trees in the parking lot. California has gone to hell in a handbasket and the illegals are bankrupting this state, and the politicians don't care. You want to see a state in ruins? Then come on out to California, most of the cities in this state are 50% hispanic.

Last edited by ThatBlue-EyedGirl; 05-17-2006 at 12:07 AM..

Old 05-16-2006, 11:40 PM

104 posts, read 16,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy
FYI-California Proposition 187 was a 1994 ballot initiative designed to deny illegal immigrants social services, health care, and public education. It was introduced by assemblyman **** Mountjoy (Republican from Monrovia, California) as the Save Our State initiative. A number of other organizations were involved in bringing it to the voters. It passed with 59% of the vote, but was overturned by a federal court.

How bad is it? Check out removed
We have been trying

Yes, a Palmetto Coach! LOL Back to the bugs again..Thanks lovethecarolinas!
Hate to talk politics. Here I go... My wife is Hispanic and my youngest daughter is 1/2. I personally have no problems with them coming over if they get a work permit. Who is going to mow your lawns? Or pick your strawberries? Surely not none of my "white" friends or anyone I know. If you do a crime search for areas. It isn't the hispanic's making the crime go down. Do your home work.

Just my $.02
Ps. We were all immigrants at one time. My grand parents (grandmother) came here from Italy and my grandfather was from North Carolina. His family dates back there to the 1800's! He was indian.

Last edited by Skout; 05-16-2006 at 11:43 PM..

Old 05-16-2006, 11:47 PM

Quote:
The Charlotte Observer (website) has an article today regarding the police and they are trying to figure out what to do about the language barrier due to the illegals/immigrants in Cabarrus County. Unfortunately we Californian's know what they can do to a state. I remember about 5 years ago when we were back in NC and an article in the newspaper was explaining how happy they were because the hispanic population was growing! Apparently the writer had never spent time out here. It's the illegals that are the issue and no one has done anything with the boarder for years!!! We have signs out here with a man holding a womens hand and her hand holding a childs hand running. These are posted on the freeway because they run across the freeway and get killed! They had to post signs because it was that big of a problem and those signs have been posted for 20 or 30 years!!!

In yesterday's Oberver it was that the immigrant construction workers were using fake SS cards/numbers. They take them from deceased people. Identity theft. We have articles in our paper telling us not to leave outgoing mail on your mailbox and make sure you have a mailbox that locks!

You should have seen the news when they were going to close a free clinic! Do you recieve free medical care? Our hospitals are closing because of the "free" care.

Once again it is the "illegals" that I have an issue with. I have plenty of multi cultured friends.

Hope ya'all have uninsured motorist coverage.
Like blacks, asians, and other nationalities have never done this? Step outside, yes they have. I personally was raised with BOTH my parents working for the sheriff's dept. Take a guess on what nationality fills our jails? Not hispanics (yes, I am white).

Old 05-16-2006, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm
It's not "hatred," pixieshmoo, it's terror. They have been mean to me, changed an American city into a third world one, and priced us out by demanding free services that Americans can't qualify for. Just as everyone on this forum wouldn't want me to move here and change every sign into a foreign language, be a nonstop bully because one's misogynistic culture dictates same and try to change every little thing to duplicate the place that one supposedly left, and badmouth every little thing about the new place while taking your money from you in the form of ever skyrocketing taxes, I really don't like foreign nationals having done that to me. I am afraid of them. Los Angeles is a lost cause. I want to move back to America!
Your right, Los Angeles IS is a lost cause, actually, most of California is a lost cause. I got a phone call the other night from the California Republican Party, asking me for a donation to help Gov. Schwarzenegger, I laughed til I cried, telling that poor kid who called that California is a wasteland and no amount of money could help it. He told me not have that defeated attitude, "we can change things by voting"...oh yeah, like prop 187? How much change did the will of the people bring about? NONE, thanks to the three judges up in San Fran who declared it 'unconstitutional".....I grew up in Los Angeles county, and it's sickening what the illegals have done to it, graffitti, run-down houses, no respect for other peoples property, 'free health care', 'free school', 'free foodstamps', gangs, drive-bys, poverty, babies and more babies, and more babies, and all being supported by the hardworking California natives, some of which can't even provide health care for thier own kids, but you better believe that thier paychecks pay for the illegals to get it.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBlue-EyedGirl
Your right, Los Angeles IS is a lost cause, actually, most of California is a lost cause. I got a phone call the other night from the California Republican Party, asking me for a donation to help Gov. Schwarzenegger, I laughed til I cried, telling that poor kid who called that California is a wasteland and no amount of money could help it. He told me not have that defeated attitude, "we can change things by voting"...oh yeah, like prop 187? How much change did the will of the people bring about? NONE, thanks to the three judges up in San Fran who declared it 'unconstitutional".....I grew up in Los Angeles county, and it's sickening what the illegals have done to it, graffitti, run-down houses, no respect for other peoples property, 'free health care', 'free school', 'free foodstamps', gangs, drive-bys, poverty, babies and more babies, and more babies, and all being supported by the hardworking California natives, some of which can't even provide health care for thier own kids, but you better believe that thier paychecks pay for the illegals to get it.
Again, I disagree. Blacks control a lot of gangs. Take a challenge, look up an area where there is crime, take notes on the crime and people there. Tell me (PM me if you want) on what you find. I have personally done this. Hispanics do very little in the crime area. Really. It is easier "I think" for people to say illegals than...blacks, asians, white people. Its funny kids go to college, white kids, get financial relief and its ok. Same thing right? What about the few of you out there getting a discount on your electric bill bill due to low income. That's ok? Kinda same thing right? Before you say but you live here or where born here. Where your grandparents? 99% would say no. They waited in line in NY to come to the USA, right? See my point?

So, I ask then (flame suit on) what do we do about the black male adults not paying child support with Kids by 3 and 4 mothers? Those mothers are on welfare and the D.A can't get support because the males are using a phony SSN. What about the asian gang members writing bad checks, internet fraud? What about the white people making meth labs in the house next door or in the car next to you? They were born here so it's ok?! I can go on with all nationalities if you want =)

Last edited by Skout; 05-17-2006 at 12:02 AM..

Old 05-16-2006, 11:55 PM

Quote:
We already are the minority in So Cal. I totally agree with you fastfilm. I couldn't have said it better, they change cities into 3rd world cities. Hate to say it but it's true. Parks, lakes whateve it is becomes 3rd world. We used to go off roading in Azusa canyon in the early 80's and the last time I was there, their was graffiti all over the rocks! Never went back. Graffiti on the new walls lining the freeway projects my tax dollars just paid for. They have to lock the spray paint cans up in the stores.

In Santa Ana you now have to have a permit to have a garage sale because they were "swap meet" selling out of their driveways and the roach coaches were there serving food, and fruit and vegatable trucks are selling stuff etc and it was causing traffic problems and disrupting the neighborhoods.

That one Monday when everyone protested and didn't go to work was one of the nicest days driving to and from work. I couldn't believe how much that relieved the traffic.

That is just the tip of the iceburg. Like fastfilm said, I want to live in America.
Hey Nancy, I grew up in West Covina, we were all over the Azusa Canyons four-bying in the early 80's! Small world!! Yes, the graffitti started to appear about that time. Not to mention all the beer cans and bottles and the dirty diapers they left along the way. They ruin everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina