U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should this thread be closed?
yes 27 71.05%
no 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 11:01 PM

26 posts, read 59,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skout
Hate to talk politics. Here I go... My wife is Hispanic and my youngest daughter is 1/2. I personally have no problems with them coming over if they get a work permit. Who is going to mow your lawns? Or pick your strawberries? Surely not none of my "white" friends or anyone I know. If you do a crime search for areas. It isn't the hispanic's making the crime go down. Do your home work.

Just my $.02
Ps. We were all immigrants at one time. My grand parents (grandmother) came here from Italy and my grandfather was from North Carolina. His family dates back there to the 1800's! He was indian.
I mow my own lawn, I wash my own truck, I clean my own house, I grow my own strawberries, and I even raise my own kids!! No nanny for this Caucasian woman, thank you very much! All four of my great-grandparents immigrated from Italy, as well, they did it legally, it took some of them as long as 15 years to get thier papers, but they did it, and they were always Americans first, nothing else. And if none of your white friends will do these jobs, then give me a call, I know plenty of teenagers who mow lawns for a few bucks.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas
Hey Nascarnancy...being that I use to live in So Cal...I know the meaning of roach coach...but other's might not (large mobile truck unit that will stop and serve food from..usually around businesses and such at lunchtime). I have not heard of that term as of yet (here in the Carolina's) but if in fact they do...would they instead be called a Palmetto Coach?
Hey if you guys are going to bring up the roach coaches, don't forget the hepatitis served along with your lunch.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:07 PM

104 posts, read 111,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBlue-EyedGirl
I mow my own lawn, I wash my own truck, I clean my own house, I grow my own strawberries, and I even raise my own kids!! No nanny for this Caucasian woman, thank you very much! All four of my great-grandparents immigrated from Italy, as well, they did it legally, it took some of them as long as 15 years to get thier papers, but they did it, and they were always Americans first, nothing else. And if none of your white friends will do these jobs, then give me a call, I know plenty of teenagers who mow lawns for a few bucks.
BUT, they came here. Not born here is my point! If they come with work papers (just as your grandparents came with papers) then fine. Right? Same thing. Were talking adults, not teenagers. ASK YOUR adults friends if they would pick strawberries for $8hr (not sure your min wage in your state)? Be honest, who would raise their hand? In my area where my wife and I make $160k a yr, no one would. I am not even sure if a lower income area would have adults waiting in line to work on a field. Are you saying in your area adults work for this little?

I am talking in general. Not at you nor pointing a finger. Understand?

Last edited by Skout; 05-16-2006 at 11:14 PM..

Old 05-16-2006, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Again, I disagree. Blacks control a lot of gangs. Take a challenge, look up an area where there is crime, take notes on the crime and people there. Tell me (PM me if you want) on what you find. I have personally done this. Hispanics do very little in the crime area. Really. It is easier "I think" for people to say illegals than...blacks, asians, white people. Its funny kids go to college, white kids, get financial relief and its ok. Same thing right? What about the few of you out there getting a discount on your electric bill bill due to low income. That's ok? Kinda same thing right? Before you say but you live here or where born here. Where your grandparents? 99% would say no. They waited in line in NY to come to the USA, right? See my point?

So, I ask then (flame suit on) what do we do about the black male adults not paying child support with Kids by 3 and 4 mothers? Those mothers are on welfare and the D.A can't get support because the males are using a phony SSN. What about the asian gang members writing bad checks, internet fraud? What about the white people making meth labs in the house next door or in the car next to you? They were born here so it's ok?! I can go on with all nationalities if you want =)
Well, yes, sure blacks do control a lot of the gangs, but where is that? Compton? The LBC? Ingelwood? Speaking form a California view point, it's the Mexicans who brought the gangs to Los Angeles, go back to the 1930's, the blacks just copied the Mexicans. And what do we do about the black males who keep making babies? Gee, I don;t know, think we can line them all up and show them how to put on a condom? Or maybe we can show the females how to take a pill?

Old 05-16-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Well, yes, sure blacks do control a lot of the gangs, but where is that? Compton? The LBC? Ingelwood? Speaking form a California view point, it's the Mexicans who brought the gangs to Los Angeles, go back to the 1930's, the blacks just copied the Mexicans. And what do we do about the black males who keep making babies? Gee, I don;t know, think we can line them all up and show them how to put on a condom? Or maybe we can show the females how to take a pill?
Sounds good to me! Notice how you play that nationality off, but hit home about the "mexicans"? I still disagree about the mexicans and gangs. Bloods and Crips ring a bell? Your Italian, forget about the MOB? Weren't ALL of our uncles "connected" at one time? Does it make it different? My point is this, its in ALL nationalities. Period.

Ps. Forgot about Victorville, Watts, San Bernardino, Pomona, Fontana, Rialto..Should I lists more black gang areas?

Last edited by Skout; 05-16-2006 at 11:22 PM..

Old 05-16-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
BUT, they came here. Not born here is my point! If they come with work papers (just as your grandparents came with papers) then fine. Right? Same thing. Were talking adults, not teenagers. ASK YOUR adults friends if they would pick strawberries for $8hr (not sure your min wage in your state)? Be honest, who would raise their hand? In my area where my wife and I make $160k a yr, no one would. I am not even sure if a lower income area would have adults waiting in line to work on a field. Are you saying in your area adults work for this little?

I am talking in general. Not at you nor pointing a finger. Understand?
Ohhhhh, waiiiittt a minute, you are not even in California????????? Oh, Buddy, man oh man, do you have NO RIGHT posting to my threads, then. You are clueless to the situation here. Minumum wage in California is $6.75 an hour. And my great-grandparents didnt come to this country or this state, to suck up from the social services. They didnt work under the table and send thier money back to Italy, they didnt get free health care, food stamps, schooling, etc. They gave back to this state, the illegals here just take and take and take and take, and they never give back. And minimum wage was never invented to support a family. And if all you earn is minimum wage, the stop having kids and take some responsibilty for your actions.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Sounds good to me! Notice how you play that nationality off, but hit home about the "mexicans"? I still disagree about the mexicans and gangs. Bloods and Crips ring a bell? Your Italian, forget about the MOB? Weren't ALL of our uncles "connected" at one time? Does it make it different? My point is this, its in ALL nationalities. Period.

Ps. Forgot about Victorville, Watts, San Bernardino, Pomona, Fontana, Rialto..Should I lists more black gang areas?
Actually, none of my uncles were mafioso, just my maternal grandfather was......oh and Fontana is 93% hispanic, we call it 'La Fontana"......well, the topic was illegal immigration, not black gangs, but, well, here are a few more hispanic-dominated gang cities......Pomona, Colton, Pacoima, Covina, Rosemead, Santa Ana, San Gabriel, Alhambra, Arcadia, Azusa, El Monte, Baldwin Park, Irwindale, Duarte, Monrovia, Whittier, West Long Beach (the Longos), South Gate, Paramount, Norwalk, gee, I could do this allllll night.

Last edited by ThatBlue-EyedGirl; 05-16-2006 at 11:33 PM..

Old 05-16-2006, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Ohhhhh, waiiiittt a minute, you are not even in California????????? Oh, Buddy, man oh man, do you have NO RIGHT posting to my threads, then. You are clueless to the situation here. Minumum wage in California is $6.75 an hour. And my great-grandparents didnt come to this country or this state, to suck up from the social services. They didnt work under the table and send thier money back to Italy, they didnt get free health care, food stamps, schooling, etc. They gave back to this state, the illegals here just take and take and take and take, and they never give back. And minimum wage was never invented to support a family. And if all you earn is minimum wage, the stop having kids and take some responsibilty for your actions.
I live in California. Born in Norwalk, California! I personally (read my post again!) don't make min wage (This is why I was un-aware what the wage was). You never did say where you lived? If in California (as I do) then you know, this isn't only hispanics doing this. If your from out of state, this is why your mis-informed. Tell me how they gave back to the state? YOU stated "sent it back to Italy".

Don't mis-read, I am agreeing with you, I am only adding its not just one nationality. Their are more at fault too!

Last edited by Skout; 05-16-2006 at 11:35 PM..

Old 05-16-2006, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Actually, none of my uncles were mafioso, just my maternal grandfather was......
And your complaint is then?

Old 05-16-2006, 11:43 PM

Quote:
I live in California. Born in Norwalk, California! I personally (read my post again!) don't make min wage (This is why I was un-aware what the wage was). You never did say where you lived? If in California (as I do) then you know, this isn't only hispanics doing this. If your from out of state, this is why your mis-informed. Tell me how they gave back to the state? YOU stated "sent it back to Italy".

Don't mis-read, I am agreeing with you, I am only adding its not just one nationality. Their are more at fault too!
Well, I am a California native, as well, I was born and raised here in 1965 in Inglewood, moved to West Covina in 1974, moved to Riverside, in 1990. The illegals HERE IN CALIFORNIA, work under the table, and send most of thier money back to Mexico. They don't pay state taxes. Yet, they get the social services of California, free health care, free schooling, food stamps, etc., all courtesty of you and me, JOE CALIFORNIA TAX PAYER. My great-grandparents, ran a wholesale fruit business, they never sent thier money back to thier native country, like the illegals here do. Naturally since Mexico is a border country, most of the illegal aliens in California are Mexican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina