Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should this thread be closed?
yes 27 71.05%
no 11 28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:46 AM

26 posts, read 65,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skout
And your complaint is then?
I have no complaints about the mob, your the one who somehow, miraculously, figured out that since I am Italian, that I must have some mob ties.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:49 AM

104 posts, read 143,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBlue-EyedGirl
I have no complaints about the mob, your the one who somehow, miraculously, figured out that since I am Italian, that I must have some mob ties.
I never said that. It was actually a joke. Lighten up, really, I am too. You're from Long Beach, not sure if it was a good area. Are there any good ones left there? I hear no. Not sure when you moved out, but, it surprises me about your comments. I guess I would need more information on why you think Hispanics have the highest crime rate and not other nationalities. Hummmm.
Long Beach: Violent crime: 7 (10 is Iraq) Property cime is a 6
White: 56%
Black: 14%
Hispanic: 36%
Avg household income: $36k a yr
As of 2000. Again, when did you move out?

Last edited by Skout; 05-17-2006 at 12:56 AM..

Old 05-17-2006, 01:13 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,798,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skout
Hate to talk politics. Here I go... My wife is Hispanic and my youngest daughter is 1/2. I personally have no problems with them coming over if they get a work permit. Who is going to mow your lawns? Or pick your strawberries? Surely not none of my "white" friends or anyone I know. If you do a crime search for areas. It isn't the hispanic's making the crime go down. Do your home work.

Just my $.02
Ps. We were all immigrants at one time. My grand parents (grandmother) came here from Italy and my grandfather was from North Carolina. His family dates back there to the 1800's! He was indian.
My very best, best friend is 1/2 hispanic. I have know her since I was 12 she is my sister. My families came from Germany, Hungary and Denmark. I also have enough American Indian to claim Indian rights.

Unfortunately they don't have work permits, they have come to this country illegally. They have not waited their turn or in line, they crossed the line "illegally".

2003 Crime Stats for Calif, Orange County Cities (top crime cities)
*Orange County does not have an African American Neighborhood

1. Santa Ana (heavily hispanic)
Violent Crimes 1,788
Property Crimes 5,162
Larceny/Theft 5/932
Arson 121

2. Anaheim (heavily hispanic)
Violent Crimes 1,319
Property Crimes 5,616
Larceny/theft 6,708
Arson 43

For the 3rd top city I took the next city with the 3rd highest number per category.

Garden Grove (this city has an official sign on the freeway that says "Little Siagon", Asian and Hispanic gang area)
Violent Crimes 732
Property Crimes 2,546

Fullerton-this is a nice city but has pockets of hispanic gangs.
Larceny/theft 3,222

Irvine (Upscale city, huge Asian population)
Arson 50

Garden Grove is the smallest of the listed cities.

Their are definatley all races sucking the system and commiting crimes. Make jailtime mean something, not just a place to hang with friends, watch tv and workout. Hard time. I love the guy in Arizona that makes them wear pink and makes them sleep outside etc. I believe he has less repeat customers!

I would much rather have the country take care of our military vets who fought for this great country. My grandfather was a Pearl Harbor Survior and I was raised to repect and love this country that it is the best in the world. Do I blame people for wanting to be here, no-just do it legally. Thank you Vets.

Skout you can take off your fire retardant suit Actually I am with you on the politic thing, but this is huge in CA right now.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:21 AM

676 posts, read 3,068,712 times
I live in a CA coastal town that is known as this gorgeous celebrity haven where the median priced home is over 1.1 million dollars. Guess what? I have a guy who walks up and down my street all day selling corn from a cart and truck that drives by all day long honking a horn for people to come out and buy produce and other random stuff like piñatas. I have graffiti on every newspaper stand and street signs. Most of our classrooms are over 75% Hispanic with failing test scores. We had two different stabbings last week both around 3PM. You can no longer go to a public park because it is like little Mexico with people playing horrible music full blast and screaming kids. Oh my God - you can't even attempt to shop a K-mart or a Ross Dress For Less because it is torn apart from kids running around crazy. The sidewalks are mainly full of young mothers with cheap umbrella strollers pushing babies. The houses are full of multiple families and many now even live in garages. I could go on and on. I grew up here my whole life and it is getting worse each year. It is seriously hard to not become racist when you see the decline caused by one group. I can easily say it is one group because we really don't have an African American population or any other nationality besides Mexican and rich white people (poor white trash can't afford to live here). I have tons of educated Mexican American friends, but the people who have recently come here are not trying to adapt to our culture. When they were protesting the immigrant law last month they were mainly waiving Mexican flags or banners that said "Viva la Mexico" and "Brown Pride." What the f*ck? Then why are you here??? Yes, we are all immigrants, but the difference is they wanted to become American while retaining elements of their own culture inside the home and they mostly came over legally. I had to take countless "Chicano" studies courses in college and I had a professor who ranted about the disrespect he felt when his last name was incorrectly pronounced, but the idiot had no problem butchering my Italian last name. I also had to do a project in that class about my heritage and my grandma was insulted by the questions: what language do you speak, style of dress, food, etc. She yelled, AMERICAN! She said the minute they arrived here Italian was left inside the home and they quickly learned to assimilate. I think that is the main difference with Mexicans - they shout "Brown Pride" and want everything to be in Spanish. I think many of us in CA have just become very saturated and have seen a decline in our state by one minority group. I never thought of myself as a racist, but I have to say, it is becoming harder to embrace people coming over our borders mostly illegally. I have been warned it is happening in NC, but the way I look at it, the majority of Mexicans have so many kids, America as a whole is going to become more Mexican than Mexico itself in 20+ years. I don’t have any answers.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:31 AM

676 posts, read 3,068,712 times
Oh and Skout, I would marry a Mexican guy in a heartbeat if he was Americanized! I actually love a lot of the Mexican AMERICAN culture (not the music!), but that is the key difference - parts of the American culture also need to be there!!! I also have to say most of my Mexican American friends were trash talking the protestors and are just as fed up by the lack of birth control and teenage pregnancies.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy
My very best, best friend is 1/2 hispanic. I have know her since I was 12 she is my sister. My families came from Germany, Hungary and Denmark. I also have enough American Indian to claim Indian rights.

Unfortunately they don't have work permits, they have come to this country illegally. They have not waited their turn or in line, they crossed the line "illegally".

2003 Crime Stats for Calif, Orange County Cities (top crime cities)
*Orange County does not have an African American Neighborhood

1. Santa Ana (heavily hispanic)
Violent Crimes 1,788
Property Crimes 5,162
Larceny/Theft 5/932
Arson 121

2. Anaheim (heavily hispanic)
Violent Crimes 1,319
Property Crimes 5,616
Larceny/theft 6,708
Arson 43

For the 3rd top city I took the next city with the 3rd highest number per category.

Garden Grove (this city has an official sign on the freeway that says "Little Siagon", Asian and Hispanic gang area)
Violent Crimes 732
Property Crimes 2,546

Fullerton-this is a nice city but has pockets of hispanic gangs.
Larceny/theft 3,222

Irvine (Upscale city, huge Asian population)
Arson 50

Garden Grove is the smallest of the listed cities.

Their are definatley all races sucking the system and commiting crimes. Make jailtime mean something, not just a place to hang with friends, watch tv and workout. Hard time. I love the guy in Arizona that makes them wear pink and makes them sleep outside etc. I believe he has less repeat customers!

I would much rather have the country take care of our military vets who fought for this great country. My grandfather was a Pearl Harbor Survior and I was raised to repect and love this country that it is the best in the world. Do I blame people for wanting to be here, no-just do it legally. Thank you Vets.

Skout you can take off your fire retardant suit Actually I am with you on the politic thing, but this is huge in CA right now.
Thanks! I found different stats then you did..Here is what I found. Un-like Long Beach, Santa Ana crime is: 6&6 little better. Economy is: $45k a year.
White: 46% Black: 1.6% and Hispanic: 76% how many illegals? Unknown, I am sure they are not counted in this though. So, these are legals doing the crime, not illegals? Anaheim: 5&6 (10 being Iraq) White:59% Black:2% Hispanic:46%
I agree on the VETS, 100% My grandfather faught two World Wars!

Here is reverse. North Carolina.
Aberdeen: 5&6 crime (bad). White:75% Black: 21% Hispanic:2%
Apex: 2&4 crime (good). White: 87% Black:7.8% Hispanic:2.2%
Raleigh: 6&6 crime (bad). White: 65% Black:27% Hispanic: 7.4%
Durham: 7&7 crime (bad) White: 47% Black: 44% Hispanic:8.7%
Waxhaw: 1&2 crime (good) White: 83% Black: 15% Hispanic:2%
See how it's reverse?? Blacks make up the crime there in NC.

Last edited by Skout; 05-17-2006 at 01:54 AM..

Old 05-17-2006, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme
I live in a CA coastal town that is known as this gorgeous celebrity haven where the median priced home is over 1.1 million dollars. Guess what? I have a guy who walks up and down my street all day selling corn from a cart and truck that drives by all day long honking a horn for people to come out and buy produce and other random stuff like piñatas. I have graffiti on every newspaper stand and street signs. Most of our classrooms are over 75% Hispanic with failing test scores. We had two different stabbings last week both around 3PM. You can no longer go to a public park because it is like little Mexico with people playing horrible music full blast and screaming kids. Oh my God - you can't even attempt to shop a K-mart or a Ross Dress For Less because it is torn apart from kids running around crazy. The sidewalks are mainly full of young mothers with cheap umbrella strollers pushing babies. The houses are full of multiple families and many now even live in garages. I could go on and on. I grew up here my whole life and it is getting worse each year. It is seriously hard to not become racist when you see the decline caused by one group. I can easily say it is one group because we really don't have an African American population or any other nationality besides Mexican and rich white people (poor white trash can't afford to live here). I have tons of educated Mexican American friends, but the people who have recently come here are not trying to adapt to our culture. When they were protesting the immigrant law last month they were mainly waiving Mexican flags or banners that said "Viva la Mexico" and "Brown Pride." What the f*ck? Then why are you here??? Yes, we are all immigrants, but the difference is they wanted to become American while retaining elements of their own culture inside the home and they mostly came over legally. I had to take countless "Chicano" studies courses in college and I had a professor who ranted about the disrespect he felt when his last name was incorrectly pronounced, but the idiot had no problem butchering my Italian last name. I also had to do a project in that class about my heritage and my grandma was insulted by the questions: what language do you speak, style of dress, food, etc. She yelled, AMERICAN! She said the minute they arrived here Italian was left inside the home and they quickly learned to assimilate. I think that is the main difference with Mexicans - they shout "Brown Pride" and want everything to be in Spanish. I think many of us in CA have just become very saturated and have seen a decline in our state by one minority group. I never thought of myself as a racist, but I have to say, it is becoming harder to embrace people coming over our borders mostly illegally. I have been warned it is happening in NC, but the way I look at it, the majority of Mexicans have so many kids, America as a whole is going to become more Mexican than Mexico itself in 20+ years. I don’t have any answers.
Again, I am not saying they are the problem. Just, they are not the only problem. Read NC stats I posted.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme
Oh and Skout, I would marry a Mexican guy in a heartbeat if he was Americanized! I actually love a lot of the Mexican AMERICAN culture (not the music!), but that is the key difference - parts of the American culture also need to be there!!! I also have to say most of my Mexican American friends were trash talking the protestors and are just as fed up by the lack of birth control and teenage pregnancies.
My wife trash talked them too!

Old 05-17-2006, 01:51 AM

Name your town and Ill pull stats, kinda unfair to compare without the city.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:56 AM

142 posts, read 729,632 times
Arrow Money...

Does anyone realize the amount of money flowing into the Mexican economy by remittances made by illegals working in the USA? 20 Billion dollars a year.

One other part of the equation if I may elude to it.

If anyone thinks President Fox is going to pull the plug on this amount of money flowing into the Mexican economy by enforcing the borders along with the USA - might as well forget about it.

As I stated before - the blame has to be put on the "Leaders" of all countries involved.

Decades of neglecting to enforce our borders has led to the quagmire of chaos that this country is currently experiencing.

If anyone wants to enter this country, fine - get in line like everyone did in the past and do it legally.

Last edited by Informer; 05-17-2006 at 02:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina