Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 10:36 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times

Advertisements

Here is a link w/ FAQs about the voting process.

Frequently Asked Questions

Interestingly, I could not find info about early voting on that official site, so I found info on the League of Women Voters site:

http://www.goleaguego.org/files/2008_primary_voting_info_and_races.pdf (broken link)

Here is a link for pulling up a sample ballot for your precinct: (fill in your info and it pulls up candidates for each position)

Address Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 11:05 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,262,733 times
Early voting info is linked off the BOE home page, right center.

http://www.meckboe.org/pages/Electio...mes%20_P08.pdf

You can look up your registration, polling place, and sample ballot at the NC BOE site as well:

North Carolina State Board of Elections

Old 05-01-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
Early voting info is linked off the BOE home page, right center.

http://www.meckboe.org/pages/Electio...mes%20_P08.pdf

You can look up your registration, polling place, and sample ballot at the NC BOE site as well:

North Carolina State Board of Elections
Thanks, Dave! Appreciate your adding that info since I obviously did not search enuff to see it, LOL.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Here is a link w/ FAQs about the voting process.

Frequently Asked Questions

Interestingly, I could not find info about early voting on that official site, so I found info on the League of Women Voters site:

http://www.goleaguego.org/files/2008_primary_voting_info_and_races.pdf (broken link)

Here is a link for pulling up a sample ballot for your precinct: (fill in your info and it pulls up candidates for each position)

Address Search

Ani, I voted earlier this week at the Matthews library because I was there and it was convenient. I could not believe how busy the place was! It was busier than any election day I've ever voted on - the poll workers say it's been that way all week, neat huh?

Old 05-01-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ani, I voted earlier this week at the Matthews library because I was there and it was convenient. I could not believe how busy the place was! It was busier than any election day I've ever voted on - the poll workers say it's been that way all week, neat huh?
You are kidding me! I am so surprised! I figured it would be S L O W. Well, I plan to go out tomorrow. My early voting place is the library off Rea Road.

I hope everyone is really going to make an effort to get out and cast a vote. I really like being able to vote early.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:58 AM

237 posts, read 298,779 times
They say if the guy from chicago loses n.c. that might clinch it right there for the gal.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nail in da coffin View Post
They say if the guy from chicago loses n.c. that might clinch it right there for the gal.
Just giving out info on where to vote and where to find info on the voting process here.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:26 AM

175 posts, read 546,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You are kidding me! I am so surprised! I figured it would be S L O W. Well, I plan to go out tomorrow. My early voting place is the library off Rea Road.

I hope everyone is really going to make an effort to get out and cast a vote. I really like being able to vote early.
If my usual voting location is Marvin Elementary can I go to Matthews and vote or do I have to stay in Union County?

Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,320,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro2008 View Post
If my usual voting location is Marvin Elementary can I go to Matthews and vote or do I have to stay in Union County?
You will need to vote in the county where you are registered. In your case, Union County. Petro, early voting will be available in Marvin, starting October 16 at the Wesley Chapel VFD off New Town Rd. Weekdays 10 AM - 6 PM, Saturdays, 9 AM - 1 PM, through November 1. Maybe I'll see you there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina