U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2006, 03:56 PM

5 posts, read 14,039 times

Advertisements

Relocating from NJ. Looking for a small safe town to live and relocate my small construction commpany. Any help would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2006, 04:02 PM

787 posts, read 3,321,817 times
I live within 18 miles of each of those towns. All of them are in Pitt County with easy access to the coastal areas. I live in Greene County, Snow Hill to be exact which is about the size of Ayden. Farmville might be slightly larger and Greenville is the larger of the 4 towns mentioned. It is a place rich with pride and self sufficent people. Actually I am surprised that you even know about these places. Greenville I wouldn't be shocked at. It is quite good with a great hospital, medical faciities and a college and medical school. The other 3 towns, mine included are those sleepy little towns that you pass through and promptly forget about. The crime rate is fairly low but we still have drugs as I am sure the Pitt County towns do as well. All the towns are about 2 hours from the coast and are barely above sea level. If we have a coast landfalling hurricane, more than likely all these towns will be affected to some degree. If you are looking for peace and tranquility, I think either Farmville, Ayden or my hometown of Snow Hill would fit the bill. Greenville is a little more "city" but it is by no means a New York City or Washington, DC. Good luck and if you need an extra help, feel free to let me know. As I said, I am about 11 miles from Farmville, some 13 from Ayden about 18-20 miles from Greenville.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:25 PM

104 posts, read 111,589 times
You had me curious enough to look at crime rates in those towns. Those names were new to me.

Higher the number the worse the crime
Ayden is a 6&6
Greenville 6&7
Farmville 6&6

Old 05-10-2006, 04:35 PM

787 posts, read 3,321,817 times
Skout, doesn't surprise me that you haven't heard of these towns. Look on a North Carolina map and find Pitt and Greene County. All of the towns with the exception of Snow Hill, were I live are in Pitt County. I live in a bordering county called Greene County. They are fairly close to the coast but not right on the coast. Let's see, going from Greene County to the coast, you would go through Lenoir County, maybe a small streak of Jones County, Craven County and to Morehead City which is in Carterett County. And I might have that spelled wrong. Going from Greene County to Wilmington you would pass through Wayne County, Duplin County, Pender County and finally New Hanover County.

Most of the crimes around here are DWI, B & E, assault on a female and I would be willing to bet that 99% of the time the attacker is either married to the woman or is involved with her, we have a lot of misdemeaners as well such as speeding, careless and reckless driving and God only knows how many cases of communicating threats and making threating phone calls. We also have a lot of worthless check cases, shoplifting which I don't know what they are shoplifting, and possession and also some possession with intent to distribute. When we have a murder, it is big, big news. We have had a couple of banks robbed a few years back and when I first came back, someone robbed the pharamacy looking for drugs. Now there is a lot of driving without a license or driving while license revoked. And then there are times that these esculate into vehicular homicide too.

Last edited by Bethanytedder; 05-10-2006 at 04:43 PM..

Old 05-10-2006, 04:39 PM

104 posts, read 111,589 times
We seem to like Pinehurst. Low crime, nice houses. From the internet it looks great. Agree? Any where I am missing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina