Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:51 AM

53 posts, read 233,614 times

Advertisements

My husband got our vehicle inspected (about a month ago)and our old sticker is still on the windshield. I'm so confused! Where's the new sticker?? Does it come in the mail or something?? Do I have to pick it up somewhere?? TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 06:14 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,950,060 times
They punch the date. It may look the same bu I believe the color changes? Otherwise if its still out of date you may want to go back and get it from where you had it inspected.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:17 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times
Bringing your receipt with you, if you still have it, also seems like a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
They punch the date. It may look the same bu I believe the color changes? Otherwise if its still out of date you may want to go back and get it from where you had it inspected.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:23 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
The color and design's the same on mine yet like QC said, they do punch the number out. I had mine done at the end of March and nothing changed other than the number being punched.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:32 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
Default NC Motor Vehicle Inspection Program

The state is dropping the issuance of an inspection windshield sticker, but it's not suppose to begin until October. I'd call your specific inspection station and ask why yours wasn't replaced.

Safety/Emission Inspection Changes signed by the Governor on August 31, 2007 with an effective date of October 1, 2008.

S.L. 2007-503 (HB 679) establishes a new electronic safety and emissions vehicle inspection process.

Specifically, the act:

�� Authorizes electronic safety and emissions inspections, and eliminates the requirement for an inspection sticker.

�� Provides that inspections expire at midnight of the last day of the month designated by the vehicle registration sticker of the following year.

�� Requires a vehicle to have a current safety or emissions inspection prior to renewal of registration.

�� Requires registration plates that are not renewed to be surrendered within 120 days of expiration.

�� Requires applicants for a license as a safety or emissions inspection station to have equipment and software to transfer information on inspections to the Division of Motor Vehicles by electronic means.

�� Requires, during initial implementation of the electronic inspection process, that the vendor selected by the Division of Motor Vehicles provide the equipment and software at no cost to a station that holds a license on October 1, 2008.

�� Requires an applicant for a safety inspection mechanic license to have training in use of the system.

�� Requires sellers of new and used vehicles to provide a receipt certifying compliance with the electronic inspection process.

�� Authorizes out-of-State emissions inspection if the inspection meets federal standards.

�� Increases the safety inspection fee from $8.25 to $12.75.

Last edited by mm34b; 05-15-2008 at 10:56 AM..

Old 05-15-2008, 09:14 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
The state is dropping the issuance of an inspection windshield sticker, but it's not suppose to begin until October. I'd call the inspection station ASAP where you went and ask why yours wasn't replaced.

Safety/Emission Inspection Changes signed by the Governor on August 31, 2007 with an effective date of October 1, 2008.

S.L. 2007-503 (HB 679) establishes a new electronic safety and emissions vehicle inspection process.

Specifically, the act:

􀂾 Authorizes electronic safety and emissions inspections, and eliminates the requirement for an inspection sticker.

􀂾 Provides that inspections expire at midnight of the last day of the month designated by the vehicle registration sticker of the following year.

􀂾 Requires a vehicle to have a current safety or emissions inspection prior to renewal of registration.

􀂾 Requires registration plates that are not renewed to be surrendered within 120 days of expiration.

􀂾 Requires applicants for a license as a safety or emissions inspection station to have equipment and software to transfer information on inspections to the Division of Motor Vehicles by electronic means.

􀂾 Requires, during initial implementation of the electronic inspection process, that the vendor selected by the Division of Motor Vehicles provide the equipment and software at no cost to a station that holds a license on October 1, 2008.

􀂾 Requires an applicant for a safety inspection mechanic license to have training in use of the system.

􀂾 Requires sellers of new and used vehicles to provide a receipt certifying compliance with the electronic inspection process.

􀂾 Authorizes out-of-State emissions inspection if the inspection meets federal standards.

􀂾 Increases the safety inspection fee from $8.25 to $12.75.
And hides the expiration date from the owner (no visible sticker on windshield) so after 12 months it is easier to forget when re-inspection is due, thus increasing the number of $250.00 fines levied for "expired" inspections. Your ticket will be mailed to you.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And hides the expiration date from the owner (no visible sticker on windshield) so after 12 months it is easier to forget when re-inspection is due, thus increasing the number of $250.00 fines levied for "expired" inspections. Your ticket will be mailed to you.
It the owner responsibilty to take care of their car and the things to have it legal on the road. It will be no different that people renewing their license tags.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:59 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
It the owner responsibilty to take care of their car and the things to have it legal on the road. It will be no different that people renewing their license tags.
It sounds like your registration renewal request form will also be your notification to have vehicle re-inspected. Both items will expire at the same time beginning next October, I guess.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
We get a reminder in the mail prior to expiration for both our tags and our drivers licenses.

Have you NEVER overlooked something that happens only once a year and for which you never receive a reminder about?

Old 05-15-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
It sounds like your registration renewal request form will also be your notification to have vehicle re-inspected. Both items will expire at the same time beginning next October, I guess.
I guess? well that is an authoritative source of information.

And since my inspection expires in August and my tag expires in October, I will have to have it inspected in August and October?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina