U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-20-2008, 02:20 PM
 
1 posts, read 7,196 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving my family down to NC where we have relatives (in the triangle area) and really want to find a nice small country town that is relatively safe to raise our children. That's what we are used to and we like lots of land and woods. Basically we like the boonies lol and any town that has a small community or a small population. Does anyone know of any of these towns or could anyone recommend any towns in NC that sound like the one I am describing? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2008, 03:49 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,016 posts, read 39,697,317 times
Reputation: 13249
yes there plenty of them in all but a few counties in this state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
44,880 posts, read 56,368,786 times
Reputation: 37983
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3movingtonc View Post
Hi, I am moving my family down to NC where we have relatives (in the triangle area) and really want to find a nice small country town that is relatively safe to raise our children. That's what we are used to and we like lots of land and woods. Basically we like the boonies lol and any town that has a small community or a small population. Does anyone know of any of these towns or could anyone recommend any towns in NC that sound like the one I am describing? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon...
One of my favorites is Taylorsville (northwest of Statesville) you should check that out. Plus it's not too far from the triangle (maybe 90 minutes?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 07:09 AM
 
Location: Asheville, NC
648 posts, read 2,050,591 times
Reputation: 281
Taylorsville is about 150 miles from Durham. How about Roxboro, Pittsboro, Siler City? Yanceyville, in Caswell county, is even smaller...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
44,880 posts, read 56,368,786 times
Reputation: 37983
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperwx View Post
Taylorsville is about 150 miles from Durham. How about Roxboro, Pittsboro, Siler City? Yanceyville, in Caswell county, is even smaller...
All good suggestions

OP didn't say they wanted to live IN the triangle, only that they have relatives there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-21-2008, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
44,880 posts, read 56,368,786 times
Reputation: 37983
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
One of my favorites is Taylorsville (northwest of Statesville) you should check that out. Plus it's not too far from the triangle (maybe 90 minutes?).
OOPS, sorry to be misleading! Was thinking of Greensboro being 90 miles or so from Taylorsville (which it is), but cooperwax is right - Taylorsville to Durham is more like 150 miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2008, 05:15 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
324 posts, read 1,051,772 times
Reputation: 66
Default 90 minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
One of my favorites is Taylorsville (northwest of Statesville) you should check that out. Plus it's not too far from the triangle (maybe 90 minutes?).
90 minutes????...my sister lives in t'ville and it takes me 2 1/2 hours to get there in normal traffice...i am just the opposite...t'ville may be a decent sized place for some but not for me...(whenever we go to visit, always go to the same places to eat etc)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
44,880 posts, read 56,368,786 times
Reputation: 37983
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
90 minutes????...my sister lives in t'ville and it takes me 2 1/2 hours to get there in normal traffice...i am just the opposite...t'ville may be a decent sized place for some but not for me...(whenever we go to visit, always go to the same places to eat etc)
If you were to read my post before yours you would see I did correct my mistake.

Taylorsville is a great little place to raise a family, which is what this op is interested in She said "a nice small country town" to raise her kids in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2008, 02:43 PM
 
66 posts, read 193,382 times
Reputation: 32
Robbins is a place you might want to check out as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2012, 10:51 PM
 
21 posts, read 19,279 times
Reputation: 10
Any suggestions for someone looking for the same thing further east in NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top