Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 07:32 PM

1,118 posts, read 516,020 times

Advertisements

Watching Duke-UNC tonight, I can’t help but hoot and holler at the excellence of both of these schools and NC in general.

So if you’re a grad of a Tobacco Road school - be it Duke, UNC, Wake, heck even NC St, how are you doing these days?

I’m an extremely loud and proud PSU Nittany Lion Undergrad but did a Masters in Real Estate at UNC (Go Heels!) and am a multi-millionaire since my early 30’s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2022, 09:14 PM

1,118 posts, read 516,020 times
I’m a Tar Heel Born, I’m a Tar Heel Bred, and when I die I’m a Tad Heel dead, ra ra, go Carolina, go to hell Duke. And We Are.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:32 AM

277 posts, read 435,951 times
Kind of an odd post...but I guess I'll play.

I didn't go to a tobacco road school. I went to ECU. Desired to serve afterwards and made some crazy good investments while in the military. Made it into the 1% in my late 20s and now an airline captain at a major.

I've have several unc friends who majored in soft fields of study who struggle to make ends meet. It's really more of what you're willing to do to succeed than the pedigree of your alma mater.

Old 04-03-2022, 07:01 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
I eat well, avoid politics, stay healthy, wear a mask indoors in public and enjoy life.

I hate Duke went out before the championship game, but then again I blame it on the NCAA for setting up brackets that allow two of the best teams from the same conference to play each other before the finals.

As a Carolina grad I'm glad to see the success for Davis so soon, but where does that leave for him to go?

Old 04-03-2022, 07:02 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
State grad here. I'm doing just fine. I'm currently on a business trip in Venice where I'm working on a special design project in a 15th Century palazzo with my company's European team and a university here that owns the building.

Old 04-03-2022, 08:34 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
... and am a multi-millionaire since my early 30’s.
And exactly why do we care? Hopefully, before you reach 40, you will have an opportunity to figure out what's really important in life.

Old 04-03-2022, 08:39 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Watching Duke-UNC tonight, I can’t help but hoot and holler at the excellence of both of these schools and NC in general.

So if you’re a grad of a Tobacco Road school - be it Duke, UNC, Wake, heck even NC St, how are you doing these days?

I’m an extremely loud and proud PSU Nittany Lion Undergrad but did a Masters in Real Estate at UNC (Go Heels!) and am a multi-millionaire since my early 30’s.

Terrible first post. We are humble people not arrogant buttholes. Title of thread is equally horrible. Nothing elite about us except our character hopefully... I dont know how they did it back in PA but thats not Carolina pride! Carolina pride is worldwide no matter what your pay stub says or where your degree is from or what it is in, or if you have once. Boo. Go home man, its bout 8 hours back to state college I suggest you head back with that attitude.

Old 04-03-2022, 09:27 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
The Heels played some great basketball. Duke played a solid game. Amazing game all around.

Could not give a rat’s ass how you are doing financially. Way to humble brag.

This is not the Carolina Way.

Old 04-03-2022, 09:44 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullGoodBearBad View Post
Kind of an odd post...but I guess I'll play.

I didn't go to a tobacco road school. I went to ECU. Desired to serve afterwards and made some crazy good investments while in the military. Made it into the 1% in my late 20s and now an airline captain at a major.

I've have several unc friends who majored in soft fields of study who struggle to make ends meet. It's really more of what you're willing to do to succeed than the pedigree of your alma mater.
ECU, where the tobacco actually grows!

Old 04-03-2022, 10:30 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,595,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
ECU, where the tobacco actually grows!
Not anymore, it’s 2022 not 1992.

I’m great, only watched about 30 seconds of the game last night because I couldn’t care less. The real Carolina is a few hours south.

The University of Non-Compliance and their scandals are an embarrassment to the state of NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina