U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-05-2007, 08:33 AM

5 posts, read 9,866 times

Advertisements

We moved to North Raleigh from Florida about 2 yrs ago and after finally adjusting to the schools and neighborhoods, my husband is offered a job in Fayetteville.

I have heard only negative things about Fayetteville and having never been there I was hoping someone could tell me more about the area and what communities would be best for children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 09:19 AM

653 posts, read 2,130,104 times
First question - have you been there yet? It really reminds me of smaller towns in Florida, to be honest. There are some nice areas, the downtown has undergone a great revitalization with some unique boutiques and coffee shops and galleries, with residential lofts... it's quaint. However, there are still pockets that are more impoverished and have more crime, definitely check the individual schools, and you'll see older strip malls and traffic congestion in areas, too. The whole town kind of ebbs and flows as the 82nd is either deployed or all stateside, as it is a military town.
It's not North Raleigh, but it's not the end of the world, either.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:10 PM

845 posts, read 2,091,285 times
Fayetteville has shed it's "Fayettenam" image. Downtown is booming. There are good schools all over Cumberland County. You could live out towards Stedman and be in an EXCELLENT school district (Cape Fear district), and live just a little cheaper (houses aren't quite as much).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina