U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Zen Buddhist Atheist considering Austin, seeking information on Austin being overly conservative Christian and accepting to other views, non-Christians loving in Austin

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:47 PM

251 posts, read 1,050,553 times

Advertisements

This board has helped me greatly too, Teressa. My comments are within the context of this particular thread, not any others.

Quote:
If I thought there was a lot of ignorance and intolerance towards other religions besides Christianity I wouldn't, couldn't move to that place, and I thank everyone on this board for being honest.
Your quote above seems to say that you would not move to any place with a lot of intolerance towards religions besides Christianity (or, other than Christianity). Perhaps you meant to word that differently as it sounds like intolerance towards Christianity is acceptable to you. I imagine that's not what you meant.

The reason this topic is not frequently seen here is because this board is centered on relocation, not criticizing people who live in different parts of the country and their belief systems.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:08 PM

2,967 posts, read 1,752,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teressah View Post
That's funny, I haven't seen that at all.

This board has helped me greatly. If I thought there was a lot of ignorance and intolerance towards other religions besides Christianity I wouldn't, couldn't move to that place, and I thank everyone on this board for being honest.

Theresa, are you talking about this board or this particualar thread when you write it has helped you greatly? I think you misinterpreted Skipstone if you believe he was refering to this board as being unhelpful in assisting people to decide to move. I believe he was just saying this particular thread is not helping anyone and there have been posters who have been basically bashing Christians and the Christian faith. And that the main purpose of this board, on this thread anyway has long ago been lost in the muck. This thread is turning ugly. . .

Moderator cut: This thread is closed since it is no longer aligned with the original intent of the creator's question. Please create threads in the appropriate forum to explore the multiple discussions covered in the last several pages.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina