U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:27 PM

4 posts, read 10,079 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

cgalewski,

My wife and I just moved to the Linden area 2 months ago to help out our niece and her family. They have lived in Linden for about 4 years, so we have been visiting since then. Before that they were in the north part of Fayetteville for 5+ years. I enjoy the Linden area because it is more wide open. We are originally from Jersey City NJ where the houses were right on top of each other. Here there is some room to spread out.

I have heard that Pine Forest is decent. Also Long Hill is not bad.

God Bless you with your move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 12:10 PM

7 posts, read 27,822 times
Default Fayetteville is one of the worst places to live

Good luck finding a decent place to live here. I would recommend if you're military to live on the base. The schools are much better there and it's much safer. The locals hate military people. The only reason military is tolerated is because without the military there'd be no economy here. The schools are bad, the people ignorant and prejudicial, crime is horrible and not documented properly -- statistics don't lie but liars make statistics. Law enforcement and the courts have their own set of unwritten rules. If your wife works, plan on learning to live without her working or with her working for minimum wage, cuz that's just about all that's here, unless she wants to be a topless dancer. Don't even think that it will be what you make it, cuz it's not. I came here with a good attitude and can't wait to get away from this place. I can honestly say it's the worst place I've ever been.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 PM

Default Working Wages

Forgot to tell you that most jobs will be minimum wage or near that with no benefits. NC is a right to work state, which means almost no unions; and if something is union it doesn't really matter because unions really mean nothing here. Also most employers can fire or terminate you for no reason.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 PM

512 posts, read 1,433,067 times
Try going to Dover AFB. That is bad. Any way hmmmm, how would you know about the courts and Law enforcement agencies having unwritten rules? Fayetteville is a decent place to live. Is it my first choice in N.C. probably not, but it's really isn't that bad. Now your probably right in regards to employment. You might want to venture out a little.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:57 PM

Default Best advice

If you're military, live on post. The schools are much better and it's much much safer. Don't expect good medical care, good education, or quality in anything. Don't believe anyone. Don't trust anyone. The stats will show that unemployment is low, but the stats don't show that most of the available jobs are minimum wage jobs. The law enforcement, judicial system and politics are all crooked. There is no better business bureau, so buyer beware. Be very very careful if you have to live anywhere in and or around this area.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:01 PM

Jayman, you sound like one of the locals here. The reason I know is because I worked there, not what you're trying to insinuate!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:33 PM

512 posts, read 1,433,067 times
Not trying to say anything my brotha. That statement about the Law enforcement and courts, just kinda threw me off. Downup, I grew up in the D.C. area and Fayetteville. I have been to a couple of cities that I didn't really care too much for. I will say this if it weren't for my family being in Fayetteville, I don't know how much I would have liked the area. But seeing as though I grew up around the city, I know that it has made some drastic changes for the better. I say it's about time. When I heard the BRAC was coming, I think that it is even better news. That will help bring jobs to the area. To what affect I have no idea. I will not sit up here and tell people will have tons of things to do and plentiful jobs. I won't lie to you, but like I said before I have seen the things the city has done which is good. I've even seen plans for developments in Murchison road and Ramsey street corridors. Which in my opinion can really jump start developement even more into downtown.

Fayetteville still has a long way to go before it can be compared to cities like Durham, Winston-Salem or Greensboro. However at least it's heading in the right direction. If your coming from any large city and you got stationed there, then chances are you won't like it. But if your coming from a smaller town you should like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downup28311 View Post
Jayman, you sound like one of the locals here. The reason I know is because I worked there, not what you're trying to insinuate!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:00 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,216,405 times
Sounds like "Downup" did not want to live down here in the first place. I'm not a local but chose to move back here when I retired. Living on post has it's special set of problems. Life in Fayetteville is only as good as you make it. You can hate it or find enjoyable things to do.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,409 times
I have seen a lot of clients have more preference for the north side of fayetteville. They like the feeling of being away from the city but within 10 minutes of everything. Eastover is nice and a little farther away from town.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:27 AM

983 posts, read 3,512,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aislingbonner View Post
I have seen a lot of clients have more preference for the north side of fayetteville. They like the feeling of being away from the city but within 10 minutes of everything. Eastover is nice and a little farther away from town.

Actually, if you hit 301 Business, you can be in Fayetteville from Eastover in less than 10 minutes! You can be on the Ramsey St. side of Fayetteville in about 10-15 minutes, via I-295.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina