Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 02:37 PM

983 posts, read 3,986,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhammad asghar View Post
what are the different taxes payed yearly basis on car in north carolina
Once you have tags on your car and it's registered with the local tax office, all you'll pay yearly is the inspection fee, tag fee, and county property taxes (and city taxes, if you're in city limits).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,316 times
my car is register in my name and i am adding my child name, why do i have to pay highway use tax again? what law is this?

Old 11-10-2010, 11:43 AM

10 posts, read 22,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
To those of you that have recently relocated here...I'm trying to compile a list of websites that explain our taxes (including vehichle tax) and other things you wish you had known. Please help me out. What didn't you know but wish someone had told you. Thanks in advance!

Vicki

Did you get this list done? If so I would love to use it. Thank you.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:05 PM

6 posts, read 86,397 times
Default NJ vs NC

Let’s compare with NJ vs. NC, in NJ (new/used vehicle pay 7% sale tax first time + title fee and Registration is less than $85 , inspection is free then every year renew registration only . Inspection is every two year, 2006 and above three year. How about in NC?

Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Different planets.
NJ is about 45 bucks a year for your private car. Period.
NJ has no sales tax on clothes.
NJ for a family of 4 will have LESS income tax in NJ (Yes really) sub $150K ish. Figure a neet rate of about 2.5% at 100K after they apply the blizzard of credits and exemptions. (in NJ 100K is small fry)
NJ will be higher on income tax ~$175K+ (eh who cares its a problem I would love to have) Note most web sites list NJ single rates not married
NJ will be insanely higher on property tax and you will live in a smaller house. Dont think you dont pay this as a renter either!
NC has less traffic. LOL

Old 02-29-2012, 08:48 AM

5 posts, read 11,815 times
Default Vehicle Property Tax Rate

Does anyone know the annual property tax rate for vehicles in NC?

I just moved to Mecklenburg County. I've been trying to find them on the internet all morning and have been unsuccessful. All I found on the Mecklenburg County website was that I would be sent a tax bill every year.

I know it probably varies by county and city, but an average number would suffice. I'm moving from TN and my vehicle is titled under my and my dad's name. So I was thinking about just leaving the vehicle registered in TN to avoid the taxes.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
The current property tax rate for Mecklenburg county is .8166 per $100 of value as determined by the county of residence. If you live within an incorporated city or town the rate will be higher.

Statewide Tax Rates for 2012

http://www.dornc.com/publications/20...tes_prelim.pdf

Old 03-01-2012, 01:32 PM

5 posts, read 11,815 times
Default Thanks

Oh, I see. It's the same as property tax on your home. I wasn't sure if they were taxed at different rates.

Thanks for the reply. Seem like registering in NC would cost me over $125 extra in taxes and fees a year. Wow! It sure is expensive to live here.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:47 AM

1 posts, read 876 times
I have a 03 Tahoe that is fully paid for. I'm about to move to NC how much taxes would I have to pay. This is confusing when u don't have to do this in Jersey all u need is insurance, please help me understand

Old 10-04-2016, 07:08 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbaby 01 View Post
I have a 03 Tahoe that is fully paid for. I'm about to move to NC how much taxes would I have to pay. This is confusing when u don't have to do this in Jersey all u need is insurance, please help me understand
See this previous post:

tax for old truck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina