U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 02:14 PM

694 posts, read 1,868,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegmomof4
In Arizona, I had friends who lived in neighborhoods where it was against the neighborhood covenant to keep your garage door open. So, you are out in the driveway, playing with your kids, on bikes, and a thousand other plastic toys, and you get a drive by, inititated by an irked neighbor, reminding you to shut your garage. Now that is over the top.
Nothing against you, I just picked this post as a sample of the most common recent "complaint" on the boards - the HOAs.

Well, you see, when you buy a home that is part of a HOA, it means you *agreed* with their rules. Buyers are supposed to read the association documents and understand they will have to follow everything the HOA says. And believe me, sooner or later, a neighboor will complain about something you're doing and not supposed to. It can be surprising who is the one complaining, it can be someone next door that you consider a "friend". I've seen it happen again and again. Small issue or not, if it's part of the HOA nono's, then you're in violation. If the HOA says "garage door closed" and you have your garage door open while you are playing with your kids on the driveway, you are violating the HOA rules.

And as far as above the ground pools, I personally thing they are downright ugly so I wouldn't be the one complaining against this restriction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2006, 02:33 PM

5,265 posts, read 10,240,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b
Out of North Carolina's 100 counties, these are the Top Ten most heavily taxed in order.

1. Dare
2. Currituck
3. Mecklenburg
4. Brunswick
5. New Hanover
6. Durham
7. Hyde
8. Wake
9. Orange
10. Guilford
LOL pretty much just like I said.... all of those counties except for guilford are what I said (orrange county is where Chapel Hill is, which counts as the triangle area). Dare, Currituck, New Hanover, Hyde, and Brunswich counties are all on the coast. And then you have Wake, Durham, Orange, Guilford, and Mecklengerg.... all counties in the more developed Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh areas.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:29 PM

5,660 posts, read 17,941,434 times
It just goes to show that nothing is free.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:49 PM

2,295 posts, read 161,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusklan
If you live in a big subdivision with a nice pool, you pay up to over $1000 a year in dues, and then they make it very hard for you to build a pool in your back yard (in cary you can't have an above ground pool, and a below ground pool as to meet certain "keep Cary beautiful" standard). Wake Counties lifestyle that SO many people are moving here for is dying out FAST. Look at Florida, look at Arizona, and in few years.... that'll be much of NC. It was different too when it was only wake and mecklenberg coutnies where people were moving too, much like it was different when people were only moving to Miami and Tampa.... but it's spread to the whole state now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am not in agreement with buying a property that I cannot own my own pool, so I will not put my money into those areas, that is MY choice and unfortunately it seems that if other people dont care and buy into these areas, then it is their choice also. Just as it is your choice also on where you want to be. I am not trying to bash you, but if you are so intent on going back to Rochester and dont want to be in NC anymore , then why are you fighting so hard to keep people away from North Carolina ? perrogotive[/quote]

I totally agree I would never consider buying property where I couldn't have a private pool either. Luckily I can have a fence and a pool where I'm going.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:37 PM

107 posts, read 253,760 times
I totally agree I would never consider buying property where I couldn't have a private pool either. Luckily I can have a fence and a pool where I'm going.[/quote] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Where are you moving too ??

Old 06-17-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I totally agree I would never consider buying property where I couldn't have a private pool either. Luckily I can have a fence and a pool where I'm going.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Where are you moving too ??[/quote]

I'm moving to Davidson, although it is not really in the town of Davidson. It is just on the border. We are in Carrabus county and pay lower taxes than Davidson does. 7 Miles to Lake Norman. I just visited today for the first time and I love it. I purchased.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Where are you moving too ??
I'm moving to Davidson, although it is not really in the town of Davidson. It is just on the border. We are in Carrabus county and pay lower taxes than Davidson does. 7 Miles to Lake Norman. I just visited today for the first time and I love it. I purchased.[/quote]
Congrats and lots of love and Happiness to you !!!

Old 06-17-2006, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
It doesn't offend me. It's just somewhat frustrating tro see it happening and thinking of how cluelss some people (not you) can be and how half baked some people's plans are. The one that gets me the most is when people have a job where ever they are now, but say that either the job market isn't good or that they cost of living is getting to high..... so they move here without a job. Not a very wise decision. I'm really sorry if I'm offending anyone becaue I have actually seen people on this form planning to do that. But I'd just adivse to you at least research the area a LITTLE more, and find a job, before you move here.
Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that we will be arriving in your area in July ! Wanna meet for a drink ? LOL !

Old 06-17-2006, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that we will be arriving in your area in July ! Wanna meet for a drink ? LOL !
I would love to, but I'm actually only on a visit myself. I won't be moving officially until my house is built. That will probably be maybe March I'm thinking. Are you gonna be looking in the Charlotte area?

Old 06-17-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
I would love to, but I'm actually only on a visit myself. I won't be moving officially until my house is built. That will probably be maybe March I'm thinking. Are you gonna be looking in the Charlotte area?
actually we are going to rent in Apex for the first year and explore EVERYWHERE to finally make our decisin on where we want to plant ourselves !Let me know when you get there, we'll have a housewarming party LOL !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina