U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2006, 10:27 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,081,155 times

Advertisements

We are going to try and stay away form HOA's, besides once our grass gets high enough why you won't even notice the truck!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2006, 07:15 AM

20 posts, read 96,644 times
We are moving to Asheville as soon as our house in Colorado gets sold. Hopefully soon! If it soesn't sell by mid- June we are going to try to sell by owner and lower the price quite a bit below market value. We have a 2 year-old and are planning on another in the next year or so. I promise we will be good yankees. Although ny husband LOVES the red sox... LOL Just kidding

We are really outdoor-sy. Love hiking, biking, camping and rafting. We love to travel and visit Costa Rica alot. Anyone in the same boat as us- Hey, so this is what on-line dating feels like!!!

Old 05-20-2006, 01:09 PM

5,661 posts, read 24,687,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob
We are moving to Asheville as soon as our house in Colorado gets sold. Hopefully soon! If it soesn't sell by mid- June we are going to try to sell by owner and lower the price quite a bit below market value. We have a 2 year-old and are planning on another in the next year or so. I promise we will be good yankees. Although ny husband LOVES the red sox... LOL Just kidding

We are really outdoor-sy. Love hiking, biking, camping and rafting. We love to travel and visit Costa Rica alot. Anyone in the same boat as us- Hey, so this is what on-line dating feels like!!!
Are you moving to the city or the Asheville Metro area?

Old 05-20-2006, 09:14 PM

889 posts, read 2,851,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
So-- we're 40 days away from our move. House here is sold, house there is being built. Never had a HOA to deal with before.

We're in limbo though, don't feel like cleaning anymore, can't really pack yet.

We're looking forward to meeting some new friends, going over to red's house to smear lighting bug guts on our foreheads, then going over to nascarnancies to help hubby empty the fridge of bud before the expiration date comes around(fat chance of that occuring). After that we're heading over to Carolinagirls' house so she can give us and our little trolls a menacing glare and then going home to battle with the HOA about the neon elvis in the front window. That should about cover the first day.

I am actually disappointed that the HOA does not consider aluminum foil to be a suitable window covering though.

Actually We're looking forward to walking into the door of our new place. We have friends of ours doing the inspections for us and we haven't seen much more than a few pictures since it was in the rough framing stage. It's definitely going to be an experience for all of us. This will be our first time away from family and friends and it's as exciting as it is scary.

Anyone else have any big plans for the first day of your move?

Please share,

Mark
We are less than a month away. We plan on leaving Calif. about June 15th.
Our house is sold here and we are out of it staying with my parents.
We are currently having a home built in Mooresville. It is around 30 homes so a small subdivison. We bought another house that we will live in untill the new one is finished around mid Sept. or so. Then we will rent it out.
Unfortunalty we also cannot do foil as window coverings due to HOA but i think sheets might look better since thats all i can probably affoard after all this and no job yet!!!!
I think all of us transplants should throw one big party and drink to new beginings!!

Old 05-20-2006, 09:48 PM

195 posts, read 168,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc
We are currently having a home built in Mooresville. It is around 30 homes so a small subdivison. We bought another house that we will live in untill the new one is finished around mid Sept. or so. Then we will rent it out.
Unfortunalty we also cannot do foil as window coverings due to HOA but i think sheets might look better since thats all i can probably affoard after all this and no job yet!!!!
I think all of us transplants should throw one big party and drink to new beginings!!
I know a person buying a new house there also in Mooresville! He is from Calif.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:19 PM

107 posts, read 329,427 times
Hey Mark, 4 kids isnt so bad, I became numb after three.!! Tell us where you live and what movie is playing on your big screen projector and we'll be there ... The funny thing is that I still havent made up my mind yet where to go. I change my decision every other day. It has been a toss up between Apex and North Raleigh . Once my mind is made up, I stumble onto negatives htings , it is so frustrating !! The most important thing to me is schools at this point !! Has anyone played left , right , center ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Jersey, I'm ready for the texas hold em, $20 a round. Cheaper than a night out and provides some fun. You might even win... Actually I never have any money anyway so we end up just using chips for most of the games. Hell, after game 1 nobody is paying attention anymore anyway. I'm setting up the projector for big screen kids movies upstairs so that'll keep the trolls out of our hair for a little bit anyhow.

How old is everyone's kids? Ours are: daughter 11(might live until 12 if I let her) and son 10. There actually both good kids exceopt my daughter is an ignorant, stubborn sob just like me, always wonder where she got it from...

Chap, bring some extra bud and cab fare....

krusklan, 4 kids= yikes, 2 drive me wild most of the time...

read. Where do you find all this stuff?

Anyone know how to play pitch? Nother good partners game..

So where is everyone moving to?

We're moving to Huntersville. Villages of Rosedale... Funny, when we were looking on the internet, never liked the name or the look of the place and pretty much ruled it out. Once we saw the area, we fell in love with it and the home style. It's going to be *EXTREMELY* different for us but in a cool sort of way. As long as I can put in my own pool someday, I'll be happy. Plus it's right down the street from pizza hut

Gotta tell you it's killing us at this point to watch our new house develop and not be there to touch it.

So anyway, my dad was from Oklahoma so I'm familiar with some of the southern terms and accent. Probably some of the stuff he taught me you don't want to hear but I'll pass them on to my kids anyway. I almost feel like I have an advantage but not really, still a fat balding yankee.

Anyone else dealing with an HOA in your new place?

Mark

Old 05-20-2006, 10:59 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,081,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc
Count me and Red in. Wish us luck on our open house tomorrow. Of course it never rains in Cali, just everytime we have an open house! Rain, rain go away....

Old 05-21-2006, 01:10 AM

2,657 posts, read 7,190,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b
http://demog.state.nc.us/demog/gif/prov04a.gif (broken link)
::laughs:: I was looking at the map, touching a finger to each county, saying "oookayy, if that's Rowan, then to the north is Davie ... to the east is Forsyth aaand Davidson ... ". This one has names stuck to each county.

Btw, I pointed our county out to Spouse and declared "we're yellow! time to move! " But that map can be misleading. The eastern part of our county is swelling with people. Luckily, we live on the western side where the tide hasn't risen as far - yet.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:39 AM

20 posts, read 96,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b
Are you moving to the city or the Asheville Metro area?

We don't know yet. Our plans are to rent month to month for a while and look around. Our town in Colorado is about 14,000 people and I like the idea, in theory, of being somewhere bigger like Asheville city, but once we get there we may decide that a town like Waynesville or even Black Mountian is better for us. What do you recommend?

Old 05-21-2006, 08:53 AM

889 posts, read 2,851,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy
Count me and Red in. Wish us luck on our open house tomorrow. Of course it never rains in Cali, just everytime we have an open house! Rain, rain go away....
I feel your pain on the open houses!!! What is up with this rain? Have we NOT had enough!!!!!
Have you buried the St. Joseph Statue yet??
I got desperate, bought it , buried it and after about 5 or 6 weeks the house was sold It really works!!!
How long have you been on the market???
For us it was 6 months. We cut our price twice adjusting it to the current market and not what it was last year unfortunatly.
We took a hit but we had no choice if we wanted to sell.
We still came out way ahead for where we are going. OUr real estate agent never seemed aggresive enough either.
GOOD LUCK today!

Last edited by Yac; 05-22-2006 at 09:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or