U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:21 PM

889 posts, read 2,851,917 times

Advertisements

[quote=nascarnancy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc

No, once we sell we are just packing and moving. We will live with my brother and sister in law while we look for a house. We do look on line at what's for sale so at least we have an idea. I have my clipboard and check off list ready to go house hunting! My sister in law is excited to house hunt with us. They bought their home in Charlotte in 83, so they know the area pretty well. We just about get lost driving out of their housing track! Although last time we were back their we did venture out on our own and we did pretty good.
As long as you have a place to stay temp. thats great. It will be fun looking after these Calif. prices!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2006, 08:46 AM

889 posts, read 2,851,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer
Yeah, gave in, let my mom bury it. We've dropped the price, keeping our fingers crossed!
I know the deal about dropping the price. I hated that but had no choice as the market was shifting right before our eyes!

Old 05-23-2006, 12:06 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,408,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
So after you buried it have you been saying the prayer that goes along with it?

No! She buried it, halfway out of the groud, facing the street. I just went & follwed your direcitons. Hope it works!

Old 05-23-2006, 12:51 PM

483 posts, read 1,449,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusklan
We are moving from Long Island in the beginning of July. We have 4 children and just signed the contract for the sale of our home.. Where is everone moving to in North Carolina ????
You too? We're in Suffolk County. We're heading down to Matthews in about a month or so and am staying in an apartment until our house is ready which should be the end of the summer.

Good luck with your move as well!

Old 05-23-2006, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymom
Nascarnancy,
I'm just curious, have you been to Weddington for a visit yet? It really is nice. We looked there before finding a place nearby in Stallings (Matthews border).
Heard Weddington was very nice as well but a bit more expensive which is why we ended up buying in Matthews. Our subdivision is adjacent to Antioch Elementary.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer
Yeah, gave in, let my mom bury it. We've dropped the price, keeping our fingers crossed!
I'm oblivious to what you're talking about. Can you just explain this whole thing with burying the statue? Just curious. Thanks!

Old 05-23-2006, 04:21 PM

143 posts, read 443,908 times
Default 5 Days 'Til Blast Off!

We are packing, packing, packing and tossing, tossing, tossing things out!
Thursday, we bring all the unwanted furniture to the charity.
The movers are coming Friday to mostly empty the house.
We spend Saturday cleaning the place.
Sunday, we pack ourselves and two cats into the two cars plus one utility trailer and make the run in one day!
We should be in Mebane before dark if God is smilin' on us.

We had to go through the same process here in Mass. to sell. Lowered the price a couple of times and accepted a price that was lower still. We are still cashing out fairly well, though, and leaving all these people up here to self-destruct. In spite of all that has happened here over the last few years, they are all still whining about not having enough money!

We will arrive just in time to finish up the long weekend and then the unpacking and shopping commence!

Anyone else moving to Alamance County? I want in on some of these parties that I am hearing about!

Old 05-23-2006, 04:40 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,408,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdj43
I'm oblivious to what you're talking about. Can you just explain this whole thing with burying the statue? Just curious. Thanks!
Well, it's a Catholic thing, but Very Old School... pre- Vatican II. I have trouble beleilving a modern priest would approve.
The prayer is nice, it is asking for good things, not selfish or greedy things. I personally think it is the prayer that does it, not burying the statue but who knows?

Old 05-23-2006, 04:51 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,357,893 times
Let us know when you get there, Steve! Good luck with the move.

Our belongings and furniture are going this Thursday. We won't be there for a few weeks, though. Talk about feeling displaced.

I'm doing the same thing-packing, tossing, etc. WHEW! I'm going to need that party.

Old 05-23-2006, 04:55 PM

143 posts, read 443,908 times
I'm going to need a kegger after this is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or