U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 05:52 PM

25 posts, read 54,696 times

Advertisements

Jerseymom, sorry, didnt mean to make you feel old. I didnt mean I was like 2 or 3 when they knocked it down, I had to be at least 7...LOL. Anyways I figured you were sneaking into the bar at 14 with a fake ID.

Mvn2NC.....glad to hear your son is buying at Linwood, that's nice considering he is already in the area and wants to move there. He's probably real close to us, when we were down last weekend there weren't that many lots left, and they were all in the same area as us. Our friends over at Curtis Pond want to sell their house and move over there too.

DevilDawg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2006, 09:30 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,075,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W
I want in on some of these parties that I am hearing about!
I've got the Brat's just screaming to soak in a tub of beer and then slowly grilled. My husband also makes the best crockpot of beans, a staple for any of our BBQ's. Ooohhh, I can taste them now!

Old 05-23-2006, 09:50 PM

889 posts, read 2,849,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog
Jerseymom, sorry, didnt mean to make you feel old. I didnt mean I was like 2 or 3 when they knocked it down, I had to be at least 7...LOL. Anyways I figured you were sneaking into the bar at 14 with a fake ID.

Mvn2NC.....glad to hear your son is buying at Linwood, that's nice considering he is already in the area and wants to move there. He's probably real close to us, when we were down last weekend there weren't that many lots left, and they were all in the same area as us. Our friends over at Curtis Pond want to sell their house and move over there too.

DevilDawg
How funny, he was there both Sat. and Sunday looking and talking. He is buying something that has yet to be built but will be ready in 10 months or so. Possibly the newest phase opening up i am not sure?
I do remember going thrue there when we were there for Thanksgiving. Very nice!!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:49 AM

483 posts, read 1,448,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusklan
We are moving from Long Island in the beginning of July. We have 4 children and just signed the contract for the sale of our home.. Where is everone moving to in North Carolina ????
We're moving from Long Island as well to a town called Matthews. We're staying in apt until our house is ready which won't be until the end of the summer. Good luck with your move!

Old 05-25-2006, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdj43
Heard Weddington was very nice as well but a bit more expensive which is why we ended up buying in Matthews. Our subdivision is adjacent to Antioch Elementary.
A while back I found a few homes on Antioch Church Road, not sure if that's close or not? My brother in law is in Charlotte but he said it was considered the Charlotte/Matthews area. Definately a nice area.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:02 PM

[quote=Mvn2nc]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy
As long as you have a place to stay temp. thats great. It will be fun looking after these Calif. prices!!!!
My brother and sister in laws house is like staying at a B & B, it's a 2 story with a basement so we have plenty of room.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:57 AM

146 posts, read 587,684 times
Default Joining you in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdj43
You too? We're in Suffolk County. We're heading down to Matthews in about a month or so and am staying in an apartment until our house is ready which should be the end of the summer.

Good luck with your move as well!
We visited N.C. in FEB. and bought a house is Wesley Chapel. There are many Long Islanders moving to the Charlotte area.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:12 AM

285 posts, read 1,005,835 times
Default North Carolina Schools

Anyone seeking factual data about schools, feel free to email me. Previous discussion about a controversial topic led to it being locked, but you all have a right to know about the distinct differences in New York and North Carolina schools.
There is actually some interest from a paper up in New York wanting to do a news story on this. Sorry to be vague, but I wish to continue my membership, and will comply with the rules to not discuss what has been locked.
The forum that the moderator led us to is not working, it is impossible to post. Every parent has a right to research all aspects of life in a new city or state, and the school culture is a huge part of this. I sure wish someone had told me. Email me if you have questions.
Best,
Peggy

Old 06-08-2006, 09:48 AM

693 posts, read 2,548,750 times
I'm on the verge of moving. Just not sure *where*

Plan was to move to Southern California. Looked at 20 houses in my price range. There was only one house I'd consider putting an offer, but it is slightly higher than my price range.

Plan B is either Austin TX or somewhere in NC.

In any case I have only 20 days to decide! (closing)

Old 06-08-2006, 10:42 AM

5,661 posts, read 24,666,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegmomof4
Anyone seeking factual data about schools, feel free to email me. Previous discussion about a controversial topic led to it being locked, but you all have a right to know about the distinct differences in New York and North Carolina schools.
There is actually some interest from a paper up in New York wanting to do a news story on this. Sorry to be vague, but I wish to continue my membership, and will comply with the rules to not discuss what has been locked.
The forum that the moderator led us to is not working, it is impossible to post. Every parent has a right to research all aspects of life in a new city or state, and the school culture is a huge part of this. I sure wish someone had told me. Email me if you have questions.
Best,
Peggy
Your special forum is working just fine. I just posted a test message.

www.healthofchildren.com/forum/about5.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or