U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 10:19 PM

22 posts, read 54,855 times

Advertisements

I wish I could say that I was moving as soon as most of you all are... Enjoy the trip and your new adventure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2006, 10:26 PM

107 posts, read 329,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyforchange
I wish I could say that I was moving as soon as most of you all are... Enjoy the trip and your new adventure.
We'll be waiting for ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2006, 10:28 PM

22 posts, read 54,855 times
Get the margaritas ready!

Old 06-16-2006, 10:36 PM

107 posts, read 329,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyforchange
Get the margaritas ready!
You got it !!!!!! We'll make it a double !

Old 06-16-2006, 10:59 PM

22 posts, read 64,872 times
HOA?? We are considering a move from Phoenix to Charlotte....and one of the biggest reasons is to get away from our HOA....out here they have a real "we are the law" attitude. I agree..trucks on lawns are horrid...and dogs running around are too...but so are sweet little ladies in SUVs driving up and down our streets counting weeds between the rocks (we don't have much grass here) and then sending out letters assessing a $50 fine. Neatness counts a lot...but it need not be heavy handed. We all benefit when property values rise but we also need friendliness and heart!

Old 06-16-2006, 11:06 PM

320 posts, read 1,436,602 times
I have lived in a lot of cities and states. The problem with the HOA occurs everywhere. These people get elected President, or some other office, on the HOA board and they think they are now equivalent to the President of the US or even God. That is one thing that has always irked me. We always keep our property well maintained, and I understand the need for an HOA but many of the people that get elected to the board go way overboard.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:18 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,767,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriiter-m
HOA?? We are considering a move from Phoenix to Charlotte....and one of the biggest reasons is to get away from our HOA....out here they have a real "we are the law" attitude. I agree..trucks on lawns are horrid...and dogs running around are too...but so are sweet little ladies in SUVs driving up and down our streets counting weeds between the rocks (we don't have much grass here) and then sending out letters assessing a $50 fine. Neatness counts a lot...but it need not be heavy handed. We all benefit when property values rise but we also need friendliness and heart!

"I am the Law!"- Sly Stallone in Judgedredd

I have nothing meaningful to say here other than if you *really* want to see a movie where the HOA pres "gets it", take your kids to see "Over the Hedge". It's good fun and my daughter and I laughed all the way through it- definitely will get the DVD. I haven't lived in a neighborhood with an HOA (yet)- that happens this fall. However I'd be curious to see how close your HOAs come close to the woman in the movie

Old 06-16-2006, 11:58 PM

212 posts, read 849,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriiter-m
I am moving from Chandler..my house has been on the market since the end of March and I am begining to panic..my HOA has decided that no one can have For Sale signs after Aug. 1. I don't get it...this development is 5 years old..hasn't a precedent been set
The market has slowed considerably and the lack of a sign is sure not going to help!

Old 06-17-2006, 03:00 AM

79 posts, read 230,359 times
Default moving to clayton

We already bought a house in Clayton and are in the process of selling our house here on long island. In fact we just got a viable offer yesterday (thank god). We had to lower our price and then the offer is $15 grand under the new listing price but we decided last night to just take it and not make a counter offer because the market is REALLY SLOW. We don't want to take a chance at losing this sale. We live in Western Suffolk and have 2 children and so looking forward to moving but we are very sad to be leaving family and friends.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:24 AM

22 posts, read 64,872 times
Chandler? We are in East Mesa. sorry about the for sale signs after Aug, and you are so right the market has slowed down a lot. Out of curiosity have they offered an alternative method to yard signs?? Wish you the very best....one good thing...once you move someone else can pay the fine for the weeds in the rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or