U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 PM
 
4,222 posts, read 6,459,329 times
Reputation: 1559

Advertisements

Is it true that cell phones will not be allowed to be used while driving after July 1? That would make me a very happy man. I personally hate them and become extremely irritated at the idiots that drive all over the road and fail to give turn signals while communicating. I would prefer that a bounty be put on these drivers, but a ban will make me happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2008, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Huntersville
1,521 posts, read 4,374,032 times
Reputation: 298
nope it was a email hoax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 02:16 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
45 posts, read 271,698 times
Reputation: 22
I so wish that come true in the whole country ...90% of people driving on my road are on the phone as far as I can see ..geez!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Cornelius
3,662 posts, read 8,468,667 times
Reputation: 797
Now now vin, I thought you'd be against such Nannying??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 02:41 PM
 
25 posts, read 63,113 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
Is it true that cell phones will not be allowed to be used while driving after July 1? That would make me a very happy man. I personally hate them and become extremely irritated at the idiots that drive all over the road and fail to give turn signals while communicating. I would prefer that a bounty be put on these drivers, but a ban will make me happy.

It's true in California. As of July 1 you can only use an ear piece. No hands
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 02:47 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 56,742,201 times
Reputation: 14862
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspiggy007 View Post
I so wish that come true in the whole country ...90% of people driving on my road are on the phone as far as I can see ..geez!!
Then you start impeding on people freedom.

What next ban on burgers in the cars?

Strap down kids and their mouths while driving?

GPS units alone they can be distraction

GPS with Bluetooth where I am using this device as a phone

Ban on cups that the place you purchase the drink in the cup did not secure the lid and you end up creating a water fall down your chest.

The future of GPS where you and it talks to each other like the "Kit" car

Ban on Radios?

Ban on carrying your partner who is nothing but a back seat driver who nagging is distracting your driving.

Ban on Bees that your toting around your car?

If you see someone behind you and you dont like them on their cell phone because they are following too closely Tap your break and see if there cell phone makes an impression on the inside of their windsheild.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Huntersville
1,521 posts, read 4,374,032 times
Reputation: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Then you start impeding on people freedom.


Strap down kids and their mouths while driving?



Ban on carrying your partner who is nothing but a back seat driver who nagging is distracting your driving.
Actually I would like these to be put in place. Can I get an Amen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 PM
 
1,877 posts, read 4,164,368 times
Reputation: 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc Misfit View Post
actually I Would Like These To Be Put In Place. Can I Get An Amen? :d :d
Aaaaaaaammmmmennnnnnnn!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 03:01 PM
 
630 posts, read 1,628,323 times
Reputation: 287
Studies have shown people who drive on the phone are more distracted than those who drive drunk. People on the phone have a tendency to pay more attention to the call then they would say a GPS or someone in the car talking to them.

I wish they would pass a handsfree law. I've been nearly hit a few times because people haven't turned their head to look because they had a phone up to their head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2008, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Cornelius
3,662 posts, read 8,468,667 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Then you start impeding on people freedom.

What next ban on burgers in the cars?

Strap down kids and their mouths while driving?

GPS units alone they can be distraction

GPS with Bluetooth where I am using this device as a phone

Ban on cups that the place you purchase the drink in the cup did not secure the lid and you end up creating a water fall down your chest.

The future of GPS where you and it talks to each other like the "Kit" car

Ban on Radios?

Ban on carrying your partner who is nothing but a back seat driver who nagging is distracting your driving.

Ban on Bees that your toting around your car?

If you see someone behind you and you dont like them on their cell phone because they are following too closely Tap your break and see if there cell phone makes an impression on the inside of their windsheild.
Yea, Sunny!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:17 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top