U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 12:22 PM

35 posts, read 171,702 times
Talking The most perfect North Carolina town!

I was just wondering if you could live in any town in North Carolina where would it be? If there was nothing holding you back, such as money, jobs, cost of living, where would you go? Just trying to take a poll. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2006, 12:29 PM

787 posts, read 2,446,356 times
Well, I guess I would stay where I am, in Greene County in Snow Hill, NC. But that is just me. Most people don't land here on purpose. They are usually born into the area as I was along with the 13 generations of my family or they marry someone with ties to the area. But it isn't bad. We are bordered by four counties that as less than 1/2 hour drive to one or the other that has the other things that you would need as a hospital, Walmart, theater, bowling alley and the like. We have more historical references than material items. We do have the St. Barnabas Church that is listed on the historical society list of historical sites. And we have several houses that are of historical importance. But that is me. Most people would die of being bored than anything else. Me, I have more than enough to amuse me. All I have to do is stay in the house and it comes to me.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:40 AM

45 posts, read 158,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbya739
I was just wondering if you could live in any town in North Carolina where would it be? If there was nothing holding you back, such as money, jobs, cost of living, where would you go? Just trying to take a poll. Thank you.

Forgive me for not answering this question but I would never want to contribute to changing the dynamics of the most wonderful town in NC by naming it. That is a secret that I will never tell on a forum such as this where everyone is trying to decide just which town to move to.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:49 AM

27 posts, read 97,984 times
ROTFLOL, NCKatie!!!

That's how DH and I felt when we found the town/house we bought.. it's like Shhhhhh, don't tell or they'll find us!!! hee, hee.

Good luck on your search OP..

Old 05-22-2006, 08:00 PM

128 posts, read 478,756 times
Awww.......C'mon guys, please share what town(S) are hush-hush! I promise i won't tell!! LOL

Old 05-22-2006, 08:15 PM

195 posts, read 18,451 times
I had to pay for the answer...

Old 05-22-2006, 08:23 PM

4,914 posts, read 7,350,883 times
Geez, people! Since "outsiders" don't seem to be welcome in your perfect towns, I wouldn't want to move there anyway. So please, keep your secret and the rest of us will find a town a little more welcoming to us darned outsiders.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:48 PM

5,660 posts, read 18,001,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt4fam
Geez, people! Since "outsiders" don't seem to be welcome in your perfect towns, I wouldn't want to move there anyway. So please, keep your secret and the rest of us will find a town a little more welcoming to us darned outsiders.
Easy to spot. The ones with very slow growth. If posting on this forum is any indication, the "outsiders" are mostly only interested in the Raleigh and Charlotte Metro areas anyway.

Last edited by mm34b; 05-22-2006 at 08:54 PM..

Old 05-22-2006, 08:57 PM

128 posts, read 478,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt4fam

I betcha they are talking about Mayberry

Old 05-22-2006, 09:30 PM

5,265 posts, read 10,281,102 times
lol I love how people come to NC and think there is actually a Maybury. Nope, fake town. I believe it is based off of Mount Airy, NC. Northwest of Winston-Salem and close to the Virginia border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina