U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 09:01 PM

236 posts, read 490,002 times

Advertisements

Welcome to North Carolina!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 05:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,356 times
Default Wanting to move to NC

My husband and I live in California, born and raised. I have been wanting to move to the southern states for the last 5 or so years, but because of family and other reasons I have not been able to.
My reasoning for wanting to move to NC is because I am tired of California life. I want a slower paced, big yard, greenery, friendly people area. My husband is not fond of the humidity so I want to go somewhere it's not very humid.
I have never been to NC before so I can't say for sure that it will be the best place we'll go,but I know I want one of the southern states.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:49 PM

5,265 posts, read 14,883,543 times
you want to go somewhere where its not humid.....and your main focus is NC and the southeastern states? You know that's by far the most humid area of the country right?

Old 01-30-2010, 08:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,356 times
yes lol but I have been told certain parts are not as bad as others

Old 01-30-2010, 11:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,511,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpink_pixiex View Post
yes lol but I have been told certain parts are not as bad as others
I am trying to think where that is besides the top of Mount Mitchell
It gets rain forest like in the mountains it can be unbearable from
Charlotte, triad to the triangle and Eastern NC it can be soupy.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 09-11-2010, 07:26 PM

10 posts, read 44,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi View Post
we are moving to NC from MI and i have read a lot of these posted comments, i need to let everyone know that not all of us want to ruin your lives. we are choosing to take a position here, we want to be a part of your community. i will not try to force my beliefs on you or make fun of your accent i hope that i receive the same courtesy. we look forward to this move and hope our twin 8 yr olds and our 4 yr old adjust well. it would be wonderful if we werent treated like an outsider. We are not being forced to move here due to varing conditions we were asked by a company in NC to come.

hopefully you will NOT become part of the dog fighting community in NC if you have animals make sure you wont leave them unattended

Old 09-13-2010, 10:10 AM

2,954 posts, read 6,127,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlummi75 View Post
hopefully you will NOT become part of the dog fighting community in NC if you have animals make sure you wont leave them unattended
Huh??

Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,591 times
i am looking to move to NC, im not really sure where my children and i need a fresh start. something new and different. i have currently been looking for something in my area here in ga but i said why not move. my kids aren't in school yet and i want them to grow up in a nice place. away from all the thugs if i may say. i just want us to have a positive change in our lives. if any of you have a suggestion of where would be a good town to move to i would appreciate it. also i am currently looking for a job and a house in NC i would love a quiet little town that's not to far out but still country. please give suggestions

Old 09-15-2010, 01:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,322 times
I live in Las Vegas, raised three children, all young adults, they don't have the experience/opportunity/adventure of a normal city. Las Vegas has no zoo, museums (decent real museums), beaches, no culture. Since Vegas is a tourist town, we are suffering really bad economy wise. My young adults would like to experience living in a city easily connected to other cities, and adventures. We dont have many Colleges here, too difficult to get the classes you need due to the fact, not enough schools to support the students attempting to enroll. Also, they have lost their father several years ago, and his family live in the southern states, so they would like to see them instead of phone contact. After you live in Vegas for awhile, you get Burnout. It's very boring. You can't live like the tourist do. People here are rude, mean and down right racist. I live in a very nice community in Summerlin, neighbors aren't friendly, don't speak untill they need your sig. on a HOA matter. I hate it here. My family is looking forward to suburb of Charlotte next summer. Its also way too HOT in the summer here!! 120 degrees is no joke!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:28 PM

14 posts, read 35,862 times
Bethany, I know this is probably somewhere in the thread, but I saw your description and got excited. The way you described it is JUST what I'm looking for. Where is your town/what is it near??

( I am from a Mayberry andy griffth sort of town and looking for one just like it in NC)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or