Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 09:56 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,812,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan08 View Post
To all of these people moving here okay, but do not think we are going to have our values drained and talked away so be ready to change, because Jesse Helms was in office for that long for a reason and a lot of Natives here are ready to take it back.
Jesse Helms last got elected 13 years ago, by a slim margin, and if you ask almost anyone who supported him, they'll say the reason they voted for him was not his extreme Right politics, but that his constitutnet services were probably #1 in the nation. He could get things done, and could usually expedite a passport within a couple of days, etc. To equate native North Carolinians (even when he was in office, but even less so now) with the "fire breathing" politics associated with the late Mr. Helms is not only inaccurate, but an insult to many NC natives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 PM

51 posts, read 91,488 times
Really are you sure? Ask any of the older people who really took pride in
NC, and yes I know he is dead RIP. NO he is not an insult to any of NC natives in which I really doubt you are one, I can vouch for where I was born, CAN YOU?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
Quote:
NC, and yes I know he is dead RIP. NO he is not an insult to any of NC natives in which I really doubt you are one, I can vouch for where I was born, CAN YOU?
who are you referencing?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:25 PM

you do realize North Carolina has been under a democrat governor for the last 17 years

Old 01-14-2010, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,650 times
Default moving there with my bf

How was it to move with your husband? Did you live in the housing provided by NTI? We are planning on moving to NC for my boyfriend to attend NTI. I have a great job here in Northern NY. I am hoping that I can find one down there. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I also plan on attending a grad school. I think I just need some advice! I was just wondering what I am in for?

Old 01-14-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konwahahawi View Post
How was it to move with your husband? Did you live in the housing provided by NTI? We are planning on moving to NC for my boyfriend to attend NTI. I have a great job here in Northern NY. I am hoping that I can find one down there. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I also plan on attending a grad school. I think I just need some advice! I was just wondering what I am in for?
you might want to start your own thread
'
'
'
'
'
'

'

Old 01-14-2010, 12:50 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,043,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
WOW....I made this thread nearly 4 years ago and it's still getting responses!

I don't even live in NC anymore and haven't for over 2 years!
I love it! The reason I'd like to move to NC is b/c the weather
(4 seasons), convenience to things including the mountains and beach, quality of life, and closer to family in PA.

That's it in a nutshell.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:15 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,812,025 times
Quote:
I most certainly AM an NC native and being born here does NOT mean you supported Jesse Helms, trust me.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:25 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,583,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I love it! The reason I'd like to move to NC is b/c the weather
(4 seasons), convenience to things including the mountains and beach, quality of life, and closer to family in PA.

That's it in a nutshell.
Beckycat I've seen you post about wanting to get out of FL for what...2 years now? Is the real estate market that bad that you've been "stuck" there this long? That's terrible! I had a few things I didn't like about living in NC but without a doubt I'd much much rather live there than FL! I hope you get to make your move soon!

Old 01-18-2010, 07:21 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,043,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
Beckycat I've seen you post about wanting to get out of FL for what...2 years now? Is the real estate market that bad that you've been "stuck" there this long? That's terrible! I had a few things I didn't like about living in NC but without a doubt I'd much much rather live there than FL! I hope you get to make your move soon!
Yeah, the market is definately what is holding us back. It's been at least 2 years. We would've sold in 2007, but we had to wait for our daughter to graduate high school. It's not that I don't like FL either b/c I do. My dh would love to go back to PA. NC is the compromise and I really like it there.

For now, we just have to hang in there until the market picks up in FL.
What did and didn't you like about NC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina