Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:04 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times

Advertisements

GREAT THREAD!

I lived in NYC for a few years, and good pizza is VERY important!

I don't think people would really 'get' it unless have a common reference to it. This is making me wonder how the pizza is in other places...Charleston SC or PARTICULARLY South Florida! A lot of NYers down in South Florida...wonder if the pizza is good down there. I might have to replicate this thread title to find out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 12:39 PM

444 posts, read 1,143,427 times
Yes. People live in south Florida for the pizza...yea i dont get it.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:57 AM

240 posts, read 559,083 times
Good pizza down here as well as a good selection of restaurants doesn't really exist. Seriously, one has to be an idiot to think the ****ty restaurants down here are the greatest. Let me give examples. Coming from the big city (which really DOES have more diversity than this wannabe **** of a state capital [Raleigh] infested with the dumbasses nobody likes where they come from), you are used to seeing/having an array of different restaurants with different foods from all over the world. For example, in Los Angeles, you could easily find a neighborhood restaurant which serves Falafel (fast food style). I have yet to see any of that in this baby boomer infested (50+ ****s) cesspool out of hell with all these Mecedes/BWM/Volkswagen-driving nazis (who can't really afford the car they drive.) In NYC, you have all these NY style pizza places and this is the real thing now. Of course it's coming down here , but you still have to go up to NYC to taste the real thing. Also, what about the Chinese restaurants down here? They are **** (for the most part). All they give you down here is all this buffet style **** my conceited parents think is A+. One thing rumored about many people down here is that they've never really been anywhere. They just packed up from NYC (where they've never left) then come down here. It could also be they are making it up. How some New Yorker could say the selection of food in their own city is not good is a mystery to me. I say they should nuke this stupid **** of an area with all these transplanted ****s who only like to lie and mock people for having opinions different than their own. If the restaurants down here are so ''great'' then why is it the other way around. You also have the WORST service and rude employees here. Only some ****ing mental case (your typical North Carolinian) could not have a problem with that. I am in there to give them my money. At least they could be a little more respectful instead of having this I-don't-want-to-deal-with-customers kind of attitude (and the food is bull****). Charlotte, on the other hand, does have a better selection and it's a lot more interesting than that Southern, country, pheasant cooking. These NC ****s can take their god damn state and shove it up their asses.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:05 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhornc View Post
Good pizza down here as well as a good selection of restaurants doesn't really exist. blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla
blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablabla
Let me suggest someplace you might be happy, in addition to making a lot of other people happy............

not here

Old 07-15-2009, 07:17 AM

927 posts, read 1,458,323 times
Quote:
Good pizza down here as well as a good selection of restaurants doesn't really exist. Seriously, one has to be an idiot to think the ****ty restaurants down here are the greatest. Let me give examples. Coming from the big city (which really DOES have more diversity than this wannabe **** of a state capital [Raleigh] infested with the dumbasses nobody likes where they come from), you are used to seeing/having an array of different restaurants with different foods from all over the world. For example, in Los Angeles, you could easily find a neighborhood restaurant which serves Falafel let me guess that falafel was made by a German restaurant owner - huh??(fast food style). I have yet to see any of that in this baby boomer infested (50+ ****s) cesspool out of hell with all these Mecedes/BWM/Volkswagen-driving nazis (who can't really afford the car they drive.) In NYC, you have all these NY style pizza places and this is the real thing now. Of course it's coming down here , but you still have to go up to NYC to taste the real thing. Also, what about the Chinese restaurants down here? They are **** (for the most part). All they give you down here is all this buffet style **** my conceited parents think is A+. One thing rumored about many people down here is that they've never really been anywhere. They just packed up from NYC (where they've never left) then come down here. It could also be they are making it up. How some New Yorker could say the selection of food in their own city is not good is a mystery to me. I say they should nuke this stupid **** of an area with all these transplanted ****s who only like to lie and mock people for having opinions different than their own. If the restaurants down here are so ''great'' then why is it the other way around. You also have the WORST service and rude employees here. Only some ****ing mental case (your typical North Carolinian) could not have a problem with that. I am in there to give them my money. At least they could be a little more respectful instead of having this I-don't-want-to-deal-with-customers kind of attitude (and the food is bull****). Charlotte, on the other hand, does have a better selection and it's a lot more interesting than that Southern, country, pheasant cooking. These NC ****s can take their god damn state and shove it up their asses.
WTF!! we aren't as you say "dumbasses" - unlike you - we are fairly well content with at least the majority of what we have here!

quit wetting on your leg and go find a place that cares about your clueless crying!

Let me ask ya something CLUELESS CHILD ... When was the LAST TIME YOU ATE PHEASANT here?
You sound like you are still on mommy's check cashing card!
Sure - the international cuisine here is not comparable to L.A. or N.Y.C. .... so what?

All that says is that here are none of that specific international population in any volume here to provide that flavor for their own group.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:20 AM

927 posts, read 1,458,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
GREAT THREAD!

I lived in NYC for a few years, and good pizza is VERY important!

I don't think people would really 'get' it unless have a common reference to it. This is making me wonder how the pizza is in other places...Charleston SC or PARTICULARLY South Florida! A lot of NYers down in South Florida...wonder if the pizza is good down there. I might have to replicate this thread title to find out
Personally - I love Michaelangelo's and the NY pizza in the Lowes shopping center at Holly Springs Rd & Bass Lake Rd is real good too!

... I am from the REAL HOME of Chicken Wings

Old 07-15-2009, 08:14 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,341,299 times
Quote:
Good pizza down here as well as a good selection of restaurants doesn't really exist. Seriously, one has to be an idiot to think the ****ty restaurants down here are the greatest. Let me give examples. Coming from the big city (which really DOES have more diversity than this wannabe **** of a state capital [Raleigh] infested with the dumbasses nobody likes where they come from), you are used to seeing/having an array of different restaurants with different foods from all over the world. For example, in Los Angeles, you could easily find a neighborhood restaurant which serves Falafel (fast food style). I have yet to see any of that in this baby boomer infested (50+ ****s) cesspool out of hell with all these Mecedes/BWM/Volkswagen-driving nazis (who can't really afford the car they drive.) In NYC, you have all these NY style pizza places and this is the real thing now. Of course it's coming down here , but you still have to go up to NYC to taste the real thing. Also, what about the Chinese restaurants down here? They are **** (for the most part). All they give you down here is all this buffet style **** my conceited parents think is A+. One thing rumored about many people down here is that they've never really been anywhere. They just packed up from NYC (where they've never left) then come down here. It could also be they are making it up. How some New Yorker could say the selection of food in their own city is not good is a mystery to me. I say they should nuke this stupid **** of an area with all these transplanted ****s who only like to lie and mock people for having opinions different than their own. If the restaurants down here are so ''great'' then why is it the other way around. You also have the WORST service and rude employees here. Only some ****ing mental case (your typical North Carolinian) could not have a problem with that. I am in there to give them my money. At least they could be a little more respectful instead of having this I-don't-want-to-deal-with-customers kind of attitude (and the food is bull****). Charlotte, on the other hand, does have a better selection and it's a lot more interesting than that Southern, country, pheasant cooking. These NC ****s can take their god damn state and shove it up their asses.
I wouldn't want to put up with your attitude either! You wouldn't be happy no matter where you lived. It's who you are as a person and your outlook on life, not where you live.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:28 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
I wouldn't want to put up with your attitude either! You wouldn't be happy no matter where you lived. It's who you are as a person and your outlook on life, not where you live.
They should be pitied, they every time they wake up, they are in the company of a very pathetic and unhappy person. May we wish them many more years of company with the same pathetic soul, hopefully geographically removed from anywhere around here.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:17 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
^^^Wait a second folks. Our friend did compliment one city in our beautiful state.
Quote:
Charlotte, on the other hand, does have a better selection and it's a lot more interesting than that Southern, country, pheasant cooking.
Maybe we should be asking him/her what is Charlotte doing that the rest of the state (particularly the Triangle area where this poster now lives) is not doing. I have honestly noticed a better food selection in cities like Charleston, SC and Charlotte than in ANY other city in the Carolinas. I am aware of Chapel Hill's Foodiest town award, but I have more to choose from in just one side of Charlotte than in all of Orange County.

The Foodiest town award must be a "per capita" type deal, because there isn't much selection in Chapel Hill IMO.

Maybe this is what the poster I quoted meant when he gave Charlotte props (and pretty much dissed the rest of the state).

Old 07-15-2009, 10:28 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,341,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
^^^Wait a second folks. Our friend did compliment one city in our beautiful state.

Maybe we should be asking him/her what is Charlotte doing that the rest of the state (particularly the Triangle area where this poster now lives) is not doing. I have honestly noticed a better food selection in cities like Charleston, SC and Charlotte than in ANY other city in the Carolinas. I am aware of Chapel Hill's Foodiest town award, but I have more to choose from in just one side of Charlotte than in all of Orange County.

The Foodiest town award must be a "per capita" type deal, because there isn't much selection in Chapel Hill IMO.

Maybe this is what the poster I quoted meant when he gave Charlotte props (and pretty much dissed the rest of the state).
Uhh, Durham was a part of the foodiest town too.

America's Foodiest Small Town: In the Magazine : bonappetit.com

The problem is the poster simply bitter and ignorant and didn't venture out. There are so many great restaurants in all of the Triangle. For the size of Durham and Chapel Hill we have quite a large selection. And yes we have ethnic food too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina