U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-21-2007, 06:32 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,048,239 times
The only place I've tried in Raleigh was Cinelli's Pizza in Cary. Their pizza was decent but not exactly authentic NY style. Still it was much better than typical southern pizza or the chains.

We have some great NY style pizzerias here in Northern VA, with real transplanted Italian New Yorkers running them. They are still not as good as what you can find up in PA or NY..

I definitely need to check out RaleighRob's suggestions next time I'm in Raleigh!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 01:06 PM

7 posts, read 14,141 times
Best pizza for me is at "LITTLE ITALY" is in King on S. main street. Their Lobster Ravioli is to die for!!!!
It is family owned by the Looz family from Italy. They are good friendly folks and the restaurant is usually full,,,,we try to get there by 5:00 pm to avoid the crowd.
There is lots of new homes being built,,,King is a growing place.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:15 PM
CJF

30 posts, read 126,270 times
I grew up in an Italian neighborhood in NY. NC does a great job with BarBQ, but the pizza is lacking.

i worked at several pizza places in NY and even with the influx of Northerners moving here and opening pizza places the pies aren't that good. I don't blame the owners as much as the difficulty of getting good high gluten flour, whole milk mozzerella and other such ingredients.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM

15 posts, read 47,481 times
Best pizza in N.C.

- Vitos in Southern Pines / Pinehurst

- Elizabeth Pizza in Sanford

- Wolfman Pizza in East Charlotte (near Southpark)

But no pizza in NC is exceptional. The best pizza in the world reigns in NJ & NY and no other place compares. Ive had it in Italy and while its the birthplace of pizza, NY & NJ pioneered the pizza we all know today.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:08 AM

18 posts, read 45,673 times
I live in Morrisville and the best I've found is Georgina's on Davis Dr.,right off Morrisville Pkwy.Owners are from L.I.,formerly of Bayside.Like you and I,they're Italians.Great thin,crispy regular pies and a damn fine Sicilian pie as well!They make great heros and have a full restaurant type menu,i.e.linguini/clam sauce,antipasto,etc.Definitely worth a ride if you're in the Cary,Morrisville,Apex area.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:09 PM

58 posts, read 149,044 times
Pizza Inn is where I eat at In rocky mount. They are a southern pizza chain with locations in KY,TN,NC, and a few more states. They have a buffet, all you can eat, about 7 or 8 kinds of pizza are out on the buffet.

A few other places we have are your dominoes, papa jons, pizza hut, etc.

as for downtown city pizza, I have no clue. Im more of a delivery kinda guy.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:00 PM

5,396 posts, read 4,559,426 times
I'll have to remember that one NCTarheel, I haven't had pizza since moving here!

Old 01-30-2007, 05:19 AM

165 posts, read 574,893 times
ahhhh, my two favorite chain/fast food type places when I lived in Charlotte in the 70's...

Pizza Inn (glad to hear they are still around) and Weiner King.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:36 PM

5 posts, read 9,818 times
Okay - now you've got me going. First of all your question ISN'T stupid...we recently moved here from Michigan and food/eating is one of only three things we have found that Michigan does better than NC...(it's not just the cold weather that makes it an obese population) and I will be checking back to see if anyone DOES recommend a good Pizza place in Eastern NC...my husband LOVES pizza and we haven't found a good one yet. We have traveled extensively - Best pizza is at a place called Amici's in Berkely Michigan, second best is Pizzi's in Conneaut New York, third best would be a few places in Chicago.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:43 AM

3 posts, read 7,643 times
Smile Still looking for a decent pizza

Well like I said, from CT, all the pizza I have tried in the south hails(at best) in comparison to any pizza you will ever find in NY or CT. But there is a small all you can eat chain, without mention the name the slogan goes" All you can eat for $3.99" Not a bad deal, and even better (forgive me) if you are constipated- I know plenty of people that chime in "All you can poo for $3.99"
Who needs milk of magnesia?
lol
the best pizza I would have to say I have ever eaten is Wooster St. Pizza, I think a small yankee chain, but believe me your southern invasion is long awaited!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina