U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-14-2007, 06:46 PM

991 posts, read 3,360,685 times

Advertisements

the pictures are beautiful where is this? The house and pool are truly stunning!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 10:03 PM

414 posts, read 745,175 times
Default Dansforth - Wake Forest, NC

Here are pics of our house/subdivision in Wake Forest.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of your devopment-3-new-house-our-street.jpg   Pics of your devopment-1-new-house-exterior.jpg   Pics of your devopment-7-new-house-backyard-3.jpg   Pics of your devopment-raleigh-house-008.jpg   Pics of your devopment-raleigh-house-010.jpg  

Pics of your devopment-raleigh-house-023.jpg  

Old 02-14-2007, 10:38 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,345,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW TO CHARLOTTE View Post
our dream has always been to retire on the carolina/ga coast...somewhere betw. charleston and savannah.....we hadn't really thought that this move to charlotte would be our 'last'....but now we're almost thinking that maybe we'll be ok just staying right there on lake w/ the water and no hurricanes and the beach still an easy drive away when we want it.
That's the "best of both worlds"!! Nice location & Davidson is such a quaint town.

My cousin was looking along the coast for the past 2 years & gave up. Between the hurricanes & the cost of insurance, it was untouchable for them for anything of decent size. They're now building in Mooresville & will vacation on the NC coast

BxRosie

Old 02-14-2007, 10:45 PM

1,547 posts, read 3,709,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
I really like the 2nd pic! I hope to live in a craftsman or bungalow style house one day. I wonder how much a house like this would cost?

Old 02-15-2007, 06:32 AM

889 posts, read 2,142,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW TO CHARLOTTE View Post
They don't really price it as a "lot premium", but you have to build a specific level of home on the waterfront lots and it's already built into the pricing. Our best guesstimate is that we're paying 50-60k for "location" which includes Davidson plus lakefront.......we've talked ourselves into it from an investment standpoint....

our dream has always been to retire on the carolina/ga coast...somewhere betw. charleston and savannah.....we hadn't really thought that this move to charlotte would be our 'last'....but now we're almost thinking that maybe we'll be ok just staying right there on lake w/ the water and no hurricanes and the beach still an easy drive away when we want it.
I to would 'rethink" the coast as opposed to lake front property.Once you are in your house and on the lake i dont think you'll want to leave it.
As far as an investment especially in Davidson you have made a wise choice.
Now are you currently living here?

Old 02-15-2007, 06:33 AM

889 posts, read 2,142,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
i love the style of the home, really nice

Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 AM

10 posts, read 24,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
I to would 'rethink" the coast as opposed to lake front property.Once you are in your house and on the lake i dont think you'll want to leave it.
As far as an investment especially in Davidson you have made a wise choice.
Now are you currently living here?
We're moving from TN...............we are thinking exactly the same about living on the lake---that just maybe we'll like it so much that we'll just stay there for retirement and go to the coast for an occassional "beach fix"!

Old 02-15-2007, 07:48 AM

414 posts, read 745,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
I really like the 2nd pic! I hope to live in a craftsman or bungalow style house one day. I wonder how much a house like this would cost?
Glad you like it - that is our house.

In that sub that model house will cost $300K-$350K depending on how much you load it up with options.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:56 AM

15,400 posts, read 18,107,540 times
Default Question about Waterfront in Davidson

Here's a questions for those people who have waterfront locations. Do you actually own the waterfront property? Would it be possible to truck in some sand an build a tiny "beach" on your waterfront--maybe even put in a token palm tree (if you could figure out how to protect it in the winter)? If I could just sit on some sand, look at a palm tree and watch the sun on the water, I wouldn't need to go to the beach.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:46 PM

33 posts, read 85,721 times
Most lake developments specify where the lake ends and your property line begins. In Lake Lure, NC, lakefront property is subject to all rights the Town of Lake Lure may have to the 995’ contour elevation above sea level. The lake boundary is defined as the contour elevation 995’ MSL. The town claims ownership to all land covered by the waters of Lake Lure at full pond. Full pond is defined as the 990’ elevation. Therefore, someone building a boat house in the lake is actually building on town property and the construction must conform to town rules and regulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina