Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 06:46 AM

145 posts, read 849,393 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have experience with Scenic Home Builders?
Thanks in advance,
Patti
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2007, 06:49 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
They are building in Curtis Pond. Seem nice homes and nice staff.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 13,504 times
I bought a Scenic home in december 07 and I love it. I had a few minor plumbing issues but they were quickley resolved by the Plumbing company. I love the house. Alot of home for a great price.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 16,729 times
Default Scenic Homes

Found two relavant sites for anyone considering. If you are interested, buyers should do their research. No wrap on plywood and poor materials from my own experience, which is limited watched 3 built up the street. I agree with the comments about the sales agents posted numerous areas in this sight They might be a great company. You do the research and decide.

Beware Of Scenic Homes

Rip Off Report: Scenic Homes - Pine Ridge Development - Creekwood Homes - Rockbridge Development - Wesley Lakes De Not honoring repair or materials replacement contract RIPOFF Snellville Georgia

Good/bad homebuilder experiences in Charlotte area?

JD Power 2007 Atlanta Home Survey
look at JD power graph at end of report

Old 06-04-2008, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 12,791 times
Default Scenic Homes is a good builder

Try the better business bureau, they have a good rating there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiv View Post
Does anybody have experience with Scenic Home Builders?
Thanks in advance,
Patti
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgroves View Post
I bought a Scenic home in december 07 and I love it. I had a few minor plumbing issues but they were quickley resolved by the Plumbing company. I love the house. Alot of home for a great price.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 11,113 times
I live in Adams Point in Garner NC built by Scenic Homes and will NEVER buy from them again. Was told the community pool would be done by our first summer here and 2 years later it is still not done! Houses are not wrapped, Never met or even talked to the builder, takes forever if even at all for them to get back to me on warrenty stuff. Cheap materials. Poor craftmanship. Most of the people in my neighborhood have the same complaints as me. They actually changed the names from Scenic Homes to Savvy Homes in this neighborhood even though they are building the same houses. We have no idea what is going on anymore. DONOT buy from Scenis or Savvy Homes!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 05:47 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
Scenic Homes operations in the Raleigh and Fayetteville area have been spun off to new owners who are now Savvy Homes. My wife and I have sold three Savvy Homes as pre-sales in Fayetteville to our very happy buyers. You have to be aware of what you are getting (at least down here) lots of Sq. feet at a basic price (like $65 a Sq.ft.). All upgrades will cost you. But I have been in all three home at each stage of construction and found they are as good or better than most of our builders in town. We like them so much we are having them build our personal home, the TRENT floorplan. It should be starting any day now. Susan and Carrie at the office have been very helpful and patient through all three deals and with our own deal. Bear and Jeff, the construction supervisors of two of the subdivisions, have always been available to answer any questions. Savvy Homes arrival in Fayetteville has shaken up our local builders and they are now competing in the $65-75 a Sq. ft. range for 3,000 Sq ft. homes. Savvy's first development in Spring Lake sold 50 pre-sale homes in three months when all the other builders were sitting on year old unsold inventory.

Last edited by faabala; 08-15-2009 at 06:16 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 04:13 AM

1 posts, read 11,095 times
I bought a home frome senic homes in nov of 08. From the start to the end my rep call and kept me informed on a daily. Make sure you have a idea if you would like extra plugs in the garage (tool guys) it has be a pain in the past. but they have fixed the problem in the new phase. flat paint is the bilders choice of paint, talk with them there is a new washable flat paint that would be great $30.00 a gal. overall i would buy 20 more of these homes

Old 08-06-2011, 09:24 PM

12 posts, read 29,099 times
Scenic/Savvy are rouge builders who promise a lot but deliver little. Met with more than a handful of disgruntle buyers in the spring lake neighborhood. Vinyl is wrapped, inclines built steep, mold in the bedroom trim terrible, while developer and owner argue who is at fault to the detriment of the buyer. We are starting a petition to take to the leadership at Ft. Bragg and the Attorney General. Many Soldiers said they have mounting deficiencies/maintenance problems and have to fight to have them corrected. Buyer beware!!!!!!!

Old 08-07-2011, 05:09 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
I'd like to hear more about this. I've been in my Savvy home for almost two years now. Any issues I have had has been addressed. They even ripped up the hardwood in our foyer and replaced it because it was scratched during construction. They fixed the water issue in our crawlspace with a french drain.

Since I last posted to this thread We have helped our buyers buy ten Savvy homes in Highgrove, Braxton farms Remington North, Cape Fear Crossing. None of them have complained,

There are many lots in Highgrove that I would not want or recommend due to the upward or downward slope. I told our buyers the same thing. Some things you have to consider before buying.

How many people have signed your petition? Can I get a copy of it to send to our clients?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina